Ch.13 Fire

The briskness of the fall air whips across my face as I follow Jungkook out of his car to his pack house. His hand was wrapped around mine, leading me into the darkness of the house.

My eyes are trained on his back as we move forward, the only light source coming from the moon filtered through the windows of the house. I had opted to wear a sweatshirt while Jungkook had decided on a black t-shirt, even though the temperature was heading well into jacket weather. He reminded me that his core body temperature ran quite high compared to mine due to his wolfy counterpart. He explained that even during winter he usually sported a fitted t-shirt regardless of the weather.

"Everyone's out back already." He explains, turning around to meet my gaze, knowing that the lack of movement in the house was out of place.

I squeeze his hand as we round a corner to walk to the back yard. I can see the whole pack circled around the fire, being casted in a yellow glow from the growing flames in the middle. I can hear a slight buzz of laughter and chatter from them, making the atmosphere seem warm and inviting.

As we walk closer, a few heads turn toward us, noticing our arrival.

"About time you two got here, I thought the fire was going to die out soon." Namjoon's boisterous voice carried through the slight breeze in the air. He was seated facing us, on the opposite side of the fire pit, his hair fitted into a brown knitted beanie.

"Oh give them a break, you've given Jungkook a hard time enough as it is." Luna's smirking figure appears from the tree line, coming up to sit beside Namjoon. She playfully nudges Namjoon's shoulder, mirroring his playful laugh before giving Jungkook and I a welcoming smile which I return.

Jungkook tugs my arm forward, to a pair of empty chairs closest to us. I can see the back of Taehyung's fluffy hair bouncing around as he is in the middle of telling an animated story to Jimin at his side.

I sit down in the chair beside him as Jungkook takes the other one beside Yoongi who is sipping quietly on a glass bottle of what looks like beer.

"Y/n! It's good to see you." Tae turns around in his seat, interrupting his own story, to flash me a friendly smile. His excitement and friendless is infectious, prompting a grin of my own to stretch across my face.

"How've you been? I feel like I haven't seen you in years." Tae laughs settling into his chair, his eyes focusing on me under his fringe of wavy hair.

"I've been good. Just kinda been hanging out for the past couple weeks really."  I tried to think of a way of to not make my life seem as lame as it truthfully was. Honestly, I had barely been out of the house ever since the pack had increased the amount of time they served patrolling. While this was more of a request from Jungkook rather than my own personal doing, I didn't mind staying at home that much. Before I had met Jungkook I was a homebody, so this didn't bother me much at all.

"It's you I should be asking about, I feel like everyone has been out making rounds twenty-four seven. I barely even get to see Jungkook anymore." I pout out my lip, dramatically resting my head on my hand.

Tae quickly flicks his eyes in Jungkook's direction upon my mention of him before answering my question. "You know how it is around here. Tiring work, but it's nothing we aren't use to."

I pick up on the way Tae casually adverts my question, not answering it with much clarity, but I can't blame him. Tonight was about forgetting the hardships of life for awhile, a night for them to relax and just be..normal.

Jungkook rests his warm palm on my knee, sending a shiver up my leg, forcing my attention away from Tae.

"You want someone to drink?" My boyfriend kindly asks, a can of beer already in hand. I quietly ponder whether or not I want to sip on a beer while here and quickly determine that the slight ease of alcohol might relax me ever so slightly.