Words Upon My Arm

Izuku was sitting in his bedroom, polishing off the analysis of the newest quirk entry, when the words began appearing on his forearm. Neat, beautiful handwriting scrawled its way across Izuku's inner arm as the greenette just stared at it in shock.

  Remember: buy mochi after school.

  Izuku sat dumbfounded, staring at the words he hadn't written with rising excitement. The greenette put his pencil down and reached for a pen, quickly scribbling in a blank spot on his arm.

  Hello?

  A few seconds later, the mystery mochi eater replied.

  Hello! I wasn't expecting to have a soulmate to write to!

  Izuku pulled his sleeve further up his arm, writing in the open space.

  Me neither! It's nice to meet you!

  Izuku smiled when he got his next reply.

  It's nice to meet you too mystery person!

  They both paused for a minute.

  I'm not sure what to say.

  Izuku laughed, writing his own reply.

  Me neither. Are we supposed to tell eachother about ourselves, or ask about eachother, or just write whatever comes to mind?

  Izuku's soulmate took a moment to reply.

  Well, my name is Ochako! I like Mochi, and I turned 14 today!

  Izuku smiled, writing out his own small sentence.

  My name is Izuku, I like analysing quirks, and I'll be 14 in July! Happy Birthday Ochako!

  Ochako's reply was near instantaneous.

  You analyse quirks? That's so cool! Do you want to do that for a job, or is it more of a hobby?

  Izuku smiled.

  It's more of a hobby, but it's useful for what I want to do. I've wanted to be a hero ever since I was a toddler. What do you want to do once you graduate school?

  Ochako's reply came fast and excited. Izuku's arm was running out of free space.

  I want to be a hero too, ever since I was little! Heroes always make everyone happy, so that's what I want to do too!

  Izuku had to wipe the ink off of his arm using a wet flannel from the bathroom. He dried the water from his arm and got to writing again.

  That's an admirable goal. I'm sure you'll make an amazing hero!

  Aw, thanks Izuku. I'm sure you'll make a really cool hero too!

  Izuku laughed humorlessly to himself.

  I don't think I'll ever be a hero. I'm not really suited for it, however much I might want to be. What hero school are you aiming for?

  I'm going to go to UA, the best hero school in the world! I live out in the countryside, so I'll need to move to Musutafu to even take the exams.

  UA is a big goal. You must be pretty confident!

  I've been training with my quirk all my life, my parents run a construction company, so I sometimes help out and train my quirk at the same time.

  Izuku thought for a moment.

  I'm guessing your quirk is some kind of levitation, or telekinesis? Maybe gravity manipulation, if you've got really fine control over it.

  Ochako's reply was surprised.

  My quirk is called Zero Gravity! I have pads on the tips of my fingers, and if I press all five of them against an object I remove the effects of gravity on it! I need to put my hands together to release my quirk's hold on an object.

  That was.. a really cool quirk. Think of all the possible applications! Combat, rescue, support! A quirk like that is perfect for any area of heroics! One touch and almost any enemy is neutralised! One touch and civilians can be freed from rubble!

  Aw, stop it you flatterer, you're making me blush!

  Izuku stopped scribbling on his arm with a quiet "oh".

  Sorry, I tend to scribble my thoughts in my notebook... Force of habit..

  It's ok, that was really cool! You could probably help loads of people improve by analysing their quirks!

  There was a sudden knock at his door.

  "Young Master, it is almost time for lunch. Your father also wishes to see you before you eat."

  Izuku smiled.

  "Thank you! I'll be down in just a minute!"

  Sorry, I have to go, my Father is calling me.

  Oh, you don't have school? That's ok, I'll talk to you later!

  Yeah, I'm... Homeschooled, of a sort. Talk to you later!

  Bye Izuku!

  Bye Ochako!

  Izuku wiped his arm off once again and put his stationary away, pulling his sleeve back down to hide his forearm, should Ochako write to him.

  The greenette opened his door and walked down the long grey corridor, down the stone steps and along another long corridor, passing by doors of all shapes and sizes, arriving at a sturdy oak door with a brass handle at the very end of the tunnel.

  Izuku knocked curtly, recieving a deep "come in." And opening the door.

  "Good afternoon Father. You wished to see me?"

  "Izuku, wonderful. How has your analysis on yesterday's quirk come along?" His father asked.

  Izuku smiled.

  "It's a fascinating quirk. I've finished the usual analysis, but I want to go into far greater detail. It used to be a mutation, did it not? It's become a transformation type after the transfer, which is fascinating! And I can control what parts transform, and how much they do. It may be down to the nature of our own quirk however, but I'll need to test to be sure..."

  A deep chuckle came from the man behind the large desk.

  "You really are my son Izuku. Our fascination with quirks really knows no bounds." All for One said, a wry smile on his disfigured face.