Willingly Kind

"Hey there. Are you Eri?"

  The girl nodded, but didn't move further. Izuku sat down in the doorway, resting his back against the frame.

  "My name is Void. I'm here to take you away from Chisaki."

  Eri blinked slowly.

  "Are you a hero?" She asked timidly.

  Izuku laughed softly.

  "No, I'm not. I'm just another bad guy like Chisaki, but I decided to do something good today."

  Eri's eyes flickered to the doorway and outside her room.

  "Chisaki will hurt you. He hurts lots of people." She said, fear clear in her small voice.

  Izuku shook his head with a smile.

  "You don't need to worry about him anymore. He won't be hurting anyone else ever again."

  Eri clutched her thin blanket tighter.

  "How do you know?" She asked.

  Izuku lifted his hand slowly.

  "My quirk is special. It lets me take other people's quirks for myself. I have Chisaki's quirk now. He can't hurt you with it anymore. He can't hurt anyone with it anymore."

  Eri was silent for a long while.

  "Mr Void?" She said quietly.

  Izuku smiled.

  "What is it Eri?" He asked kindly.

  The little girl looked down at the blanket clutched in her small hands.

  "Could you.. take my quirk?"

  Izuku paused.

  "I.. could. But why do you want me to take it?"

  Eri sniffed.

  "M-my quirk hurts people.. it makes them disappear.. I don't want to hurt people anymore.."

  Izuku hummed.

  "Well then, if I were take your quirk, would you want a different one instead?" He asked.

  Eri's eyes went wide.

  "You can give people quirks too?" She asked.

  Izuku laughed.

  "I guess I never explained my quirk properly.. yes, I can give quirks. I can give you super strength, or flight, you could control the weather, or turn things to liquid just by touching them!"

  Eri thought about it for a moment.

  "I want to be able to help people.." she said timidly.

  Izuku chuckled quietly. He knew just what to do.

  "Alright then Eri. Come here for a moment." He said, holding out his hand.

  The little silver haired girl hopped off the bed, obviously eager to be rid of her 'curse'. She stood expectantly before Izuku, staring at his scarred hand.

  "I need to touch your head. Is that okay Eri?" He asked carefully.

  The girl nodded, closing her eyes as Izuku's hand patted her hair gently. The greenette smiled slyly to himself, tugging gently on Eri's quirk, then letting it settle back into place.

  Izuku smiled at Eri.

  "Alright, that should do it. Your quirk is a healing type, meaning you can make people better just by touching them! Do you want to try it?"