Introduction

It was many years ago. My best friend John, at the time was working on a secret project, he wouldn't even tell me. This was right out of college and we shared a house. It was small but had a basement and a couple sheds in the back.

    We both had studied engineering and so as any good guy that just got out of college, we built a robot. We called it Hanbo, I mean why not. Hanbo was pretty useless except for the fact it made good ham and' cheese sandwiches. That's what it did, make sandwiches. It sat in our fridge, doing nothing. It was perfect. Over the years we made many useless robots and gadgets and it was great.

    Over time I noticed John was staying up longer than normal. I thought nothing of it. But it kept going for weeks and months and maybe even a year. I started staying home more often and he would go out and work, I worked night shifts and he worked the day shifts. I always had low self esteem and stuff like that so I worked at night so very few people got to see me. I worked from 6 pm to 3 am. John worked from 9 am to 5 pm. I was a security guard in the local museum and John worked in a electronics store, only so we got deals for the circuits and stuff like that.