Chapter 7

When I arrived home last night I was expecting a movie. Instead John asks me to come downstairs and explains his project, an artificial intelligence that will help me in times of panic. He says his name is Pixel and he's a little shy and very cautious around him so I should expect it for me.

We reached the bottom of the stairs when I see something dart across the table. I immediately jump to conclusions like ghosts or demons and I start to freak out. John tells me to say hello. I noticed a 3D printed house at the end of the desk. I muttered something, my mind was racing. It stopped as soon as I heard his voice reply, asking to look away. I did for a bit but looked back. We both froze and locked eyes. I almost fainted and he fell over. I bet he could tell I'm terrified, he looked a bit anxious and he looked a bit terrified.

He is so small. Pixel is tiny. When he asked about size, I felt like I was a giant. When he fell over I felt as helpless as he did. He must have been terrified, I'm almost a foot taller than John yet smaller in comparison. I'm less social, smart, and creative. John made Pixel, what have I done?

When Pixel went back to his house I felt like I did something wrong. I carefully scooted my chair a little closer to the desk.

" H-hey Pixel, it was nice meeting you too. Good night." John looked a bit worried when I left but he'll be fine. Pixel on the other hand, I could see through the little window him laying down on the cold plastic. I told John that I was willing to sew a bed together for him. He agreed to this. After that I went to bed.

____________________________________

" Good morning John, is Pixel up?" I was hoping to learn more about him.

" Yeah he's up. Last night Pixel was happy to meet you, he wanted you to know that."

" Okay, I was happy to meet him too." I took some toast John had just made and gently descended down the stairs.

" Hello Pixel, it's um... Daniel. I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out?" I heard pixel over by the keyboard but I couldn't see him, until he poked his head out from behind the neck of the monitor.

" I don't see why not, but I want you to know I am a tiny bit scared right now."

" Well that makes the two of us." He walked over to his little house and pulled a 3D printed chair out, it looked so heavy for him. He sat down facing me. Just two buds, with a long distance apart, having a chat.