Chapter 13

Jeralds theory stuck with me the whole night. We were equipped with a knife instead of a gun, as not to miss fire when on guard. And when hired they ask if you have used a knife in defense before hiring. I have used a knife before but it was plastic.

You see, I was in a martial arts class when I was thirteen to when I was twenty. In that time we learned how to defend against all kinds of weapons, guns, knives, those kinds of things. I don't use any of the skills, I would only in dire situations. When Jerald mentioned this I got a little freaked out, and because of that every little noise might make me jump. Those skills kicked in.

I've noticed I have been listening for footsteps and breathing. All I hear I'd my own breath and the echoes of Jerald's footsteps. Pixel might have noticed that.

" You ok there? You seem a bit tense." Pixel appeared on my shoulder.

" Yeah, I guess what Jerald said might have gotten to my head."

" Hey, no ones broken into this place in over five years. They for sure ain't gonna break in now. Besides, I bet you could take him down." That's just a assumption.

" Maybe, it just depends on the situation." He nodded and disappeared into the chip.

" Just don't worry so much. If it is true then the alarm would have gone off." He was right, the alarm would have gone off.

We finished most of the route, noting what's moved as we go along, and headed to the gift shop. I guess it was pretty busy today, most of the toys and things were sold. I checked the back room and noticed a giant stuffed bear in the corner. I looked up to the camera in the room, making sure it's on.

Finally I decided the room was clear of thieves and headed off to the security room. We got halfway there when the radio popped on.

" Hey Daniel, I'm in the security room right now. I see a bit of movement in the space exhibit." My adrenaline spiked. "You should head there now. I'm connecting the cameras to my phone right now and after I'll head there aswell."

After hearing this both Pixel and I agreed that robbers were for sure in the building. I bolted to the space exhibit that was not too far. I got there to find someone climbing out of a hollow rock in the children's area.

I hunkered down behind a model rover peeking out behind an information stand. As I was busy being quiet, Pixel was busy reading the information. As soon as the crook was done squeezing out of the rock I moved back, obstructing the information.

" Hey, I was reading that!" Wait for it, "Holy- what!" and there it is. I whispered to him my plan, using the footsteps to cover my words. Pixel agreed to the plan.

" Do you have thermal vision?" I whispered.

" No sadly b-" Jerald ran in. What was he doing, he's gonna get killed! Turns out he led the person away and into the large main area.

Jerald slid on the railing of the stairs down to the floor. The crook was an idiot and leaped down. He must have shattered his ankle falling from such heights. He screamed in pain and another two guys dressed in all black came out from the shadows. They all had guns but one had a rifle, the others had hand pistols.

" Jackson, what the hell were you thinking!" I'm guessing the one talking is the leader. "You idiot! You ruined the whole plan. Jamie, go deal with the guards will you." Jamie was covered in stuffing, he must have been the bear.

" But sir-"

" No buts, go while I deal with this imbecile." Jamie nodded and loaded his gun. I had adrenaline pumping through me, I guess Jerald did too.

Jerald rushed at him and through a punch. This missed and hit the leader causing Jamie to kick out. Jerald fell to the floor, he still had some fight in him. He grabbed the leaders leg and stole his shoe, the alpha didn't like this one bit and shots rang throughout the building.

My ears ringing from the shots, I could barely hear anything. Pixels voice came like a loud roar.

" They- they shot him..." What? Who shot who? I slowly opened my eyes to see Jerald laying on the floor, appearing not to be moving, but then I saw it. Jeralds smirk spreading on his lips, the horror on Jamie's face.

" Should have aimed for the other leg." He ripped out his knife and stabbed Jamie's foot. He cried out in pain, and Jerald mimicked his cries.

I dropped my jacket to the floor and ran at Jamie. I grabbed his neck. I wrapped my arm around it, I had put him in a sleeping hold, I squeezed tight enough for him to pass out but not die.

"Now what do we have here, some kind of hero?" The leader got up and so did the other one, I saw Jerald making his way over to my jacket. "What do you think you're doin with this, you got no leverage. I got the guns, just go home." I let go of Jamie, he fell to the floor, unconscious. The leader laughed. He threw his rifle to the floor. It clattered to a stop." Well, now you're gonna be fun to play with. Jackson, step away. This one's mine." Jackson was a big guy, but he was also an idiot, he obeyed the leader.

He took the first move. He stepped left and swung a punch, I dodged and kicked out. I wrapped my leg around his and positioned myself behind him and pulled down. He fell to the floor and he reached for his rifle. Jackson pulled me off of off if hin and tossed me to one side. I pulled my knife out and throw it at Jack's leg. It hit its mark and he pulled it straight out, wincing in pain.

"Oh I really want you to die now." Jackson yelled, I could see the fury in his eyes.

The leader slowly got up with the rifle in hand. I leaped and rolled behind a pillar. He started firing rounds at the wall hoping one gets through. Cement chunks falling to the floor.

I look over to Jerald, he's turning my jacket looking for something. He finds it and slowly crawls behind the stairs he looks at me and shows the chip. I look back to where he was. A prosthetic leg lay there with his knife in the foot.

"I think the little kitty's scared. Aw." The leader spoke, him and Jackson started laughing. The pain in Jackson's voice slowly got more pronounced.

The shots finally slowed, he was running out of ammo. " Dang, one sec cupcake. Jack, hand me another round this one out." While he was reloading I took this time to try and get behind them.

I ran to the leg and picked it up. I threw the leg at the gun and as, expected it fell out of the Alphas hands. Bullets went falling everywhere. He looked up.

"You little- Jack, go get him!" Jackson went back a couple steps and started a beeline right to me. I ran over at him but quickly slowed. Jackson being the idiot he is, ran right into the scattered bullets and fell. I stabbed his foot and that was enough to make him pass out.

" Just you and me. You seem quite the little fighter hot shot. But one thing is for sure, you forget your team." Like that, he shot Jerald. Once in the actual leg and again in the foot. He had a pistol. "That should slow him down, now listen here. We didn't want a fight. We came for the Egyptian jewels. But you had to mess it up." He raised the gun and shot the glass dome, once, twice, three times. He took out an umbrella and opened it. "Well Adios hot shot." He left me with the falling glass. Tiny shards cutting me. The alarm only now going off.

I look over to where Jerald is. He was still moving, determined to do whatever it is. All I do in this last moment while the Alpha gets away is to hide under Jackson, more like he leaves his team. I lift Jackson onto my back and hurry over to Jerald. The glass hitting the floor around me. Jerald is under the stairs, unharmed by the glass.

A piece of glass hits my side, then another. I slowly make my way over to him. I drop Jackson's heavy body down beside me. Jerald is hugging my jacket tightly. Only now do I hear what he's saying.

"Pixel, help us, help us please!" Jerald was just too scared to open his eyes to see Pixel actually was there, beside him. He didn't dare say a word. We all sat there, glass falling, bells ringing and the sound of laughter echoing throughout the place.