Chapter 8

I can hear Daniel and Pixel chatting downstairs, that's good. Work starts soon so they will have all day to get along. A thought occurred to me last night, how will Daniel transport Pixel? There's a couple ways, keeping him in his pocket, or a little chip in a pair of glasses or a coat. Which one is more convenient?

I'll have to have a chat with them about it after work.

____________________________________

Daniel may be huge but he is also a mellow dude. He has this scar that runs from his cheek down to his arm, I didn't notice this before but it's actually pretty cool. He seems to have lots of sympathy and empathy for people and things. He asked if later I wanted to see the outside world, I told him I'll think about it.

He rolled over to the computer and pulled up a map of the town. It was a small town. He showed me where the house is and where he works, he also showed me where he's from. He showed the whole world to me in an hour, it was crazy.

After that hour went by he asked if it was okay if he brought me upstairs, I said ok but how? He said he would carry me in his hand or if it felt safer, in a cup. I first asked if I could try his hand and see how it goes. He laid it flat on the table, the tip of his finger was about the same size or larger than my head. I stepped on, it was a little squishy but became firm when he added tension. Once I was on he cupped his hand around me keeping me safe. He spread his fingers out so I could see outside. Each step bounced me up and down, once he noticed this he slowed down and took his time. It was honestly nice.

I looked up to see Daniel concentrating on not falling or not walking too fast. He looked down at me and gave a little smile. It was comforting. Once we were upstairs he showed me the Tv and the kitchen. He set me down and showed me how to make a simple sandwich. When he was making it he seemed relaxed, I was in a safe place away from what he was doing. He looked pleased when cooking or baking.

After he made the sandwich he left me for a second to put the sandwich where we were going next, his room. He returned and I got back on his hand. We set off up another set of stairs but paused at the balcony looking over the house. Daniel traveled such a distance in little time. It would have taken me a week to get up here. Once done gazing we entered his room.

There were shelves filled with notebooks and a bookshelf overflowing with books, and a picture of a group of people on the far wall. When I asked about the picture he said it was his last day of college. He set me down on an empty shelf that he cleared off. He sat at his desk, the picture just above it. His room showed personality. The walls and the ceiling forming a space where he could be himself.

He turned his chair over to me, why is he still anxious around me? John didn't act like this, John did mention that Daniel is easily worried and cautious around new people and friends. He also said that it took years to get to the friendship they have. I could hear how John is more laid back and Daniel has more energy, they're always talking to each other. I don't always know what their talking about through the floorboards but their personalities sure flow through.

" So... is it scary? Like being that size." He asked.

" A little, when people are close by I get a bit scared but otherwise, aye ok." I think he's trying to understand me, and I him. " What about you, I mean I'm tiny and and, well, you're tall."

" It's difficult, I'll tell you that. Some people are scared of me, why not you? It's a bit surprising. I mean, I-I held you, I was completely terrified!"

" Honestly, I am a little scared at first. John is a bit smaller than you and he still scares me a bit, but you seem more careful and gentle. I know people can be mean, and people tell you to just ignore it but you can't! I may not understand most things but I understand you, I'm pretty sure. And might I add that I have no idea what I'm doing. From what I know, I am the first of my kind. I may not have been outside but I can feel how it can affect you." I took a deep breath and paused. "What were we talking about?" Daniel looked genuinely surprised.

" How long have you been here? You are full of surprises, and you have no idea what you said?"

I nodded in return, " I've seen how people treat each other. It's horrible, especially those Karens. I've only been here for a solid three days."

" The internet has lots of information." He came over and knelt down till our eyes met, " You have successfully caught all my attention lil' dude. High five." He held his finger up, I knew what a high five was, I was so happy about this! I jumped up and put my hand on his finger. He smiled at this, I could tell because his eyes watered lightly and were gleaming with joy! I did it, I made a friend!

^-^