𝟎𝟏│ early-morning shivers

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The persistent ringing of the muggle alarm clock jerked you from your sleep instantly, it was shrill and obnoxious, a sound you had definitely grown to detest over the holiday break.

Mr Weasley had gotten a little excited by his newly-discovered muggle appliances and decided to give you and Hermione a small baby blue alarm clock to put in Ginny's room whilst you stayed over at the burrow.

Neither of you wanted to argue against it, and neither of you were old enough to be able to cast any charms to get it to quieten down.

Ginny was the first to cave in and leave her bed to turn it off, groaning as she trudged across the creaking floorboards. Only when it stopped did you let your eyes open fully, and even now in the early morning, slivers of light were shining through your friend's curtains.

"Up." Ginny grunted, prodding her foot into your ribs, taking advantage of the face that you were nearly on floor-level because you were only sleeping on a single mattress.

"Okay, okay. I'm awake! I'm awake now." you winced as you forced yourself upright when she didn't stop poking you.

In all the noise and movement, your small kneazle kitten, Bandit, had uncurled himself from where he was laying against your other side.

Bandit was a slightly ironic name for a kneazle, considering he was named after a type of crook and the animals are naturally good at sensing untrustworthy people, but it was the best name your third-year self could come up with at the time.

He had silver fur, speckled with darker grey and black patches. His eyes were a piercing sky-blue and he had tall, pointed ears as well as a long, lion-like tail - usual characteristics of his species.

"How come you never kick 'Mione in the mornings?" you groan groggily, bundling Bandit up in your arms and moving both of you to sit on the edge of Ginny's bed.

Hermione herself was already there, sitting beside you, unsurprisingly looking a whole lot more awake than you did, "I actually wake up fast."

"I just like to sleep, what can I say?" you sigh, lying back down on Ginny's own bed, much to her displeasure.

"You really are a lot like Ron." the ginger girl smirked, "You have a habit of making yourself at home."

"Yeah I guess so, I wonder if he got woken up by your Dad's muggle stuff this time." you thought, turning to face your friends. Both of them were staring at you, not even trying to suppress their knowing grins.

"What? Have I got something on my face?" you slowly ask, sitting back up and rubbing at the skin of your cheek just in case.

"Thinking about Ron huh?" Ginny smirked, leaning closer to you.

You snorted, batting her away with your free hand, "Only wondering if him and the other guys are up."

Both girls let out a string of laughter, "You've gotta be head over heels for him-" Ginny started, laughing even harder when she saw your expression change to one of embarrassment and annoyance from all this attention.

"It's pretty obvious that you are!" Hermione continued the ginger girl's sentence, reminding you of how the twins would usually do something similar when they spoke.

"Huh? Oh c'mon, you've not gotten bored of saying all that by now?" you groan, covering your face with your hands.

"You need to do yourself a favour and just admit it Y/n!" Hermione cheered, loud enough that you had to press your hand over her mouth in the fear that she would wake someone else up.