𝟏𝟐│ he can't know

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Luna," you whine, throwing yourself onto your bed dramatically, "I don't know what to do!"

It'd only been a few minutes since the Gryffindor trio had left and you were already restless.

Your friend sat on the edge of your bed, looking down at you with a small smile flickering across her features, "About your feelings for Ron?"

"Yeah," you pout, but quickly your expression twists into a frown, "Wait! How did you know that? I didn't tell you who I was talking about!"

"Y/n, it's obvious. You couldn't take your eyes off him - especially when he was smelling the potion." Luna sighed, "It looked like you were silently begging for his amortentia to smell like you."

"Shut up." you mumble into your duvet, burying your head deeper into it to hide your flustered expression.

"I know you, and I know that you're going to want to talk about this or you won't be able to sleep tonight." Luna reminded you gently.

She shuffled to lie next to you on top of your duvet, prompting you to look over to her. You were met with her signature soft smile which brought you a sense of warming comfort.

"You'll be able to figure this out somehow, I believe in you Y/n."

You smile back at her, "Thank you Luna."

The two of you fall into silence yet again as you both get more comfortable on your bed. It was difficult for both of you to be comfy on your small twin mattress, but somehow you made it work.

"If i can be honest for a second," Luna pauses, causing you to look over and catch her eyes, "I think Ron's in love with you. It's kind of clear. I thought you of all people would've noticed years ago."

"Me of all people?" you repeat dumbly, "What do you mean?"

The blonde snorts slightly, "C'mon, you know him better than most people. I thought his behavioural changes would be obvious to you."

You raise an eyebrow, silently asking for your friend to elaborate a little further.

"You can't be serious!" she giggles, covering her mouth and (ineffectively) muffling her laughter behind a pale hand, "There's actually no way you haven't noticed! The boy is obsessed with you."

A strong wave of heat washes over your face, "You don't have to lie to make me feel better..." you murmur, pressing your face into your palms.

"I wouldn't lie to you Y/n - especially not about something like this."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

author's note:

an insanely short chapter again, i'm super sorry for that but i just needed to get another chap out to prove that i'm going to finish this off.