𝟏𝟏│ time for testing

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After your little walk, you were left with even more questions and only a few answers. Thankfully you had come to accept your newfound feelings for Ron rather quickly, but that was the easy part.

The hard part would be figuring out what to do next - especially since you knew that he, Harry and Hermione were now waiting to ambush you in the Ravenclaw common room with Luna.

There would be no escaping him just yet.

Thankfully the riddle that you had to answer to gain access to the common room was easy. If it were any harder, you doubted your ability to answer correctly since most of your brain is still stuck in a haze.

Just as you has suspected, your friends were already waiting on the navy blue velvet sofas. Luna was with them, so clearly she had been the one to answer a riddle, otherwise you would've found them waiting for you by the entrance.

"Finally!" Harry groaned upon seeing you, "I thought you'd gotten lost."

"How would I get lost on a walk around the school?" you frown back, sitting on the arm of Hermione's armchair.

"I don't know, but you'd manage it somehow."

Childishly, you stick your tongue out at Harry before regaining your composure to ask why your friends were in your common room, despite already knowing.

Hermione's answer was pretty much exactly what you had expected, "Well, we were all interested in what you smelt in the amortentia earlier. Your reaction was kind of... odd."

"Oh, it doesn't matter!" you laugh awkwardly, averting your gaze from their prying eyes.

Ron cleared his throat, drawing your attention back to him within an instant , "I think it does."

You remain silent for a moment, trying to find a way to get out of this metaphorical corner that you'd been backed into.

Suddenly, an idea springs to mind, "What if we made a deal then?" you smirk.

"Go on..." Ron replies, leaning forward in his seat attentively.

"I'll tell you all what I smelt if - and only if - you smell my bottle of amortentia that I bought from Fred and George."

The three Gryffindors look between each other and Luna raises an eyebrow at you, detecting an ulterior motive.

"We're in." Hermione announces, making your grin widen even more.

"Perfect, just give me a moment and I'll be back." you reply, racing up the staircase to your dorm room to retrieve the potion.

Thankfully it was just where you'd left it previously, so you had no issue with finding it. When you turned on your heel to leave, Bandit leapt from your bed and followed you into the common room.

"I never knew you bought a love potion from the twins." Harry stated when you sat down between him and Ron.

Bandit immediately settled on your lap, so you quickly used his clinginess as a way to avoid eye-contact with your friends.

"Yeah why did you buy one?" Hermione asks suspiciously.

You shrug, feeling all four of your friends' eyes burning into your skull, "I wanted to figure out if it was amortentia or not. Originally the twins wouldn't give me a straight answer, so just to solidify my hypothesis of it actually being amortentia, I want you guys to be test subjects!"