Chapter 5

As the two were eating, Y/n said something out of curiosity.

"Itsuki, Nino said that she had some kind of romance before... If it's ok with you, I'd like to know what that is." Y/n said, making Itsuki blush as she reminisces the events that had happened to them quintuplets with a certain boy during high school.

"Ah well... See this guy? Him... How do I put this out? Us five were in love with him back then." Itsuki said as she brought out her phone and showed a picture of her, her sisters, and Fuutarou.

"Huh? Fuutarou? This has gotten more interesting." Y/n said, surprising Itsuki as she didn't know that Y/n knew Fuutarou.

"Y- You know him?! I regret a bit that I said this to you." Itsuki said, making Y/n chuckle.

"Yeah, me and Fuutarou just met a while back. He was with Yotsuba and introduced himself as her husband. I asked them how their love came to be but there was no mention of a harem." Y/n explained, joking in the end.

"Fuutarou was our former tutor. The five of us weren't the best when it came to studies and Fuutarou was employed by our father to help us..."

[Itsuki then continued to explain the rest of the events of the manga. Of course, they wouldn't know they're in a manga so I'm leaving this as an author's note.]

Itsuki then further explained the events to Y/n, with the man listening to every word she said.

"... And that's how it all came to be." Itsuki said as she concluded her story.

"So Fuutarou is one protagonist of a somewhat bizarre anime, huh?" Y/n jokingly said.

"You could call him something like that..." Itsuki said.

"About Nino... I thought that she was only hostile to me at the start because of the incident at the cafe but I never knew she was like that with Fuutarou too." Y/n said.

"Yeah... She was the one most hostile to Fuutarou but eventually she opened up and fell in love. Love works in mysterious ways, don't you say?" Itsuki said to Y/n.

"It does... It truly does."

.

.

.

~Few days later~

"Time flies so fast... The cafe is halfway done." Y/n said to himself as he paid the building a visit.

"Oh, I didn't expect someone to take a look at the cafe." Y/n said as if he instinctively knew that someone was there. He turned around and there was Nino, also checking the future cafe.

"Huh?! How did you know I was here?!" Nino exclaimed, surprised that Y/n felt her presence.

"Maybe it's love?" Y/n said, teasing Nino while not being aware of Nino's feelings for him.

"Here you are again teasing me! And here I thought I'd actually have a peaceful morning." Nino scoffed.

"Hmmm... Speaking of mornings, I haven't had breakfast yet... Care to join me? There's an eatery nearby." Y/n offered, thinking that this chance he now has with Nino can't be wasted.

"You should always eat your breakfast, you know? It's the most important meal of the day." Nino exclaimed, showing her concern for the man.

"Oh? I didn't know you were concerned for me that much, you know?" Y/n joked.

"It's not what you think! A- Anyways... I was actually shopping for ingredients for a new recipe that we would put in the cafe as a menu item. Coincidentally, it happens to be a breakfast dish. I'd like to make it for you, if it's okay with you... You get to eat breakfast and I receive feedback on how my new dish tastes." Nino said as she blushed.

"Huh? Free breakfast from a cutie? Hell yeah! Where would you cook though?" Y/n said, accepting the offer.

"At the cafe..." Nino replied.

"How about we go back to my house? It's closer and I have cooking equipment there anyways. What do you say?" Y/n asked, making Nino blush harder because of the idea that Y/n will take her to his home.

"F- Fine... But don't get the wrong meaning, alright?" Nino said.

"Ye-" *coughs* "Yeah... Whatever you say." Y/n said, being interrupted by a cough.

"Are you okay?" Nino said in concern.

"Yeah, I woke up with a cough this morning but it's fine. Anyways, let's go. I'm pretty excited to taste your new dish." Y/n said as he and Nino went inside his car and started driving.

.

.

.

"Welcome to my humble abode, Nino." Y/n said as he opened the door of his house and let Nino and himself in.

"A- Alright, just sit there and wait for me to finish." Nino said as she grabbed the needed utensils on the cabinets at Y/n's kitchen.

"I'll be waiting and also, thank you." Y/n said as he sat down and patiently waited for the food.

While Nino was cooking, she decided to make small talk.

"Y/n, may I ask where your parents are?" Nino said.

"Oh, I forgot to tell but I'm not from here. I'm from Numazu. They live with my other relatives there. I asked if they wanted to move here in Tokyo but they declined and wanted me to save this house for my future family, at least that's how they put it." Y/n explained.

"Family? Do you like someone right now?" Nino asked, making the both of them nervous. Nino mentally facepalmed herself for asking that while Y/n was in overdrive, not knowing what to respond.

"Why do you ask? Are you jealous?" Y/n teased, dodging the question.

"No- I was just curious." Nino responded.

"Then I'll leave the answer up to you. What do you want to believe? Do I like someone or do I not like someone is up to you." Y/n explained, furthering the topic to elsewhere.

A few minutes later, Nino was done cooking. She plated the dish and served it to the starving Y/n.

"Thanks for the food!" Y/n said as he took a bite. He was amazed by the flavor and quickly ate the dish because of how delicious it was.

"Nino... This is delicious!" Y/n said, surprising Nino on how fast he ate.

"Jeez, you could've eaten slower y'know? Also, your necktie isn't properly put." Nino said as she made Y/n stand up, she then fixed Y/n's necktie to the surprise of the young man.

"Doesn't this make us like some sort of newlyweds?" Y/n joked, making Nino blush.

"Maybe it does... Are you complaining?" Nino responded, surprising Y/n that she didn't stay silent and become a blushing mess.

"Oh... I'll take this all day, everyday." Y/n replied back.

"Anyways, let's go. I'll be late and Miku is probably waiting for you." Y/n continued.

"What do you mean?" Nino asked.

"Huh? You still need to go to the cafe, Nino. Have you been so caught up when I said we look like newlyweds to the point that you forgot your job?" Y/n teased but was in fact spot on at what he said.

"No! Anyways, just like what you said, let's go!" Nino said as she quickly went inside Y/n's car as he soon followed.