Chapter 8

"Y/n, so what did you call us for?" Ichika asked.

"It better be something important. " Itsuki said.

"Yeah, also why the three of us?" Yotsuba continued.

Today, and for still an undisclosed reason, Y/n has invited Ichika, Yotsuba, and Itsuki to meet up. This has sparked the curiosity of the 3 to what Y/n may want with them.

"As you three may know, me and Nino have been dating for quite a while now... And I think it's time for me to take it to the next level. May I marry your sister?" Y/n said, dropping the bomb to the 3 of them, leaving the three shocked.

"Ooh, Y/n's gonna marry Nino!" Yotsuba exclaimed.

"C- Congrats, I wish you guys a happy life." Itsuki said, flustered because of the revelation.

"It's too early for that. Are you sure she's gonna say 'yes'?" Ichika countered and asked.

"Yes, I know that she loves me. Me doubting her is the worst thing I could do." Y/n responded with a fit of determination heard from the tone of his voice.

"That's what I wanted to hear! I wish you the best!" Ichika said.

"Also, I've told this to Miku already. I want to surprise Nino but before that could happen, I need to buy a ring for her. Are you guys free tomorrow?" Y/n asked.

"I can't... I have plans with Fuutarou tomorrow." Yotsuba said.

"I have work for tomorrow, sorry." Itsuki said.

"It's your lucky day! I'm not busy so I can go with you." Ichika said.

"Alright, can you go with me tomorrow to look for a wedding ring?" Y/n asked.

"Sure, sure. Anything for you two." Ichika said, agreeing to Y/n's plan.

~The next day~

"Ah, Y/n, over here!" Ichika said as she waved her hand. Y/n and Ichika planned to meet inside the mall.

"Ah, Ichika... Sorry, I was late for a few minutes. The client I met up with had a lot to say about even if the topic was not for the project." Y/n explained.

"It's fine, work comes first after all." Ichika replied.

"Well then, let's go. But where's the shop?" Y/n asked.

"Oh yeah, the shop I recommended to you yesterday. Follow me, I'll lead the way." Ichika said, as Y/n followed. Soon enough the two of them arrived at the shop.

"Woah... There's so many beautiful rings." Y/n said as he took a look at the rings in stock.

"Of course, all of their products are beautiful here." Ichika said.

"I'm having a hard time picking because all of them look so beautiful." Y/n said while checking out the rings.

"Take your time, you have a whole day to choose. Make sure you choose the best one." Ichika said.

"I will..."

"I have something to check at the store beside this. See you later." Ichika said as she waved farewell.

.

.

.

"So have you chosen anything yet?" Ichika said as she came back.

"Yeah, I just bought this looks beautiful, right?" Y/n said as he showed Ichika a ring with a gemstone in the middle and what seemed to be small butterfly engravings.

"It looks wonderful. Oh... How I wish the time will come where someone will give me such a beautiful ring." Ichika said.

"Oh, the time will come someday, Ichika." Y/n reassured.

"Thanks, I'll be counting on it." Ichika said as she smiled.

"By the way, do you have somewhere to go?" Y/n asked.

"Yes, there's a clothing shop not far from here that I was supposed to check out, why?" Ichika replied.

"I'll take you there. It's the least I could do as you did recommend this place to buy the ring." Y/n offered.

"Sure!" Ichika said as she smiled.

.

.

.

~The next day~

"Yahoo! Nino!" Y/n said as he entered the cafe, all done with his work.

"Ah, we're about to close." Miku said.

"I see Itsuki and Yotsuba here as well." Y/n exclaimed. The cafe already had no customers and the only people there are Y/n and the quintuplets besides Ichika.

"H- Hello, Y/n." Ituski said reluctant.

"Hello..." Yotsuba said, out of her usual mood.

"Huh? Is there something wrong? Also, where's Nino?" Y/n said, noticing the somewhat unusual mood of the cafe.

"Here I am." Nino said as she walked out of the cafe's kitchen.

"Ahh... Hello, cuti-"

*SLAP*

"What the? Nino... What was that for?" Y/n said, surprised that Nino slapped him in the face.

"What's this?!" Nino said as she showed Y/n her phone.

"Ichika, come here... quickly." Miku texted her sister, hoping that she'll immediately come.

"The famous actress, Ichika Nakano, was seen with a guy yesterday in a jewelry shop. More leaks have said that after that, they went on to go to a clothing store nearby. The actress has yet to make an official announcement regarding this rumor that she is dating someone. More updates will be posted here." The news article said.

"So... How do you explain this?" Nino said.

"..." Silence... Silence was the only thing Y/n could say. He knows he did nothing wrong but he can't put himself to ruin his surprise. Ever since he bought the ring, he made sure that he has it at all costs. Currently, He has the ring inside his pocket, of course inside a tiny box.

"Explain yourse-"

"I- I'm here. Luckily, I was nearby..." Ichika said as she panted, assumingly she rushed immediately.

"Ichika, I trusted you." Nino said as tears started flowing out of her eyes.

"Nino, have you listened to Y/n yet?" Ichika asked.

"How could I listen to this damned man if he's keeping silent?! I want answers!" Nino shouted.

"Tch, forget it. Y/n, you really are a disturbance in my life." Nino said as she stormed out of the cafe. With Y/n feeling that he was stabbed 5 times at the chest with each stab successfully hitting his heart.

"I- I've done it this time... I didn't know what to say.... I'm gonna find her. Ichika, please make an announcement on social media now. Also, I don't need to explain to the 3 of you guys. You knew my plan." Y/n said.

"When Nino saw that post, she was immediately irritated that I didn't have the chance to explain... Sorry, Y/n." Miku apologized.

"You shouldn't apologize. Anyways, I have to go; I have a cutie to find." Y/n said as he exited the cafe.