Chapter 6

"Alright, I have to go now..." Nino said as she got out of Y/n's car as they had already arrived in the cafe.

"Wait... Before you go, I was wondering if you're free tomorrow. Maybe we could hang out..." Y/n said, finally asking Nino out on a date.

"Huh?! Where did this come from?" NIno said, surprised by the offer the man gave.

"Why? Are you complaining?" Y/n asked.

"No... I'm free tomorrow, we can meet up here and before lunch would be fine." Nino said.

"Alright, see you!" Y/n said as Nino closed the car door. Y/n then drove away and continued on his day.

Meanwhile on Nino's side...

"He asked me out! My sisters were right, Y/n did make the next move." Nino said to herself in the cafe kitchen, which Miku overheard.

"So someone got a date, huh? Where were you, by the way?" Miku said, surprising Nino.

"I was at Y/n's place... He said he liked the new recipe I made for our new dish here in the cafe. When we got here, he asked me if I was free tomorrow... Now, I'm asking you for a 1-day break." Nino explained.

"Of course, I can handle the cafe tomorrow. Do you know where you guys will go?" Miku asked.

"No... But I'm sure it won't disappoint. We're talking about Y/n after all." Nino responded.

"Fair point but today, we still have work to do. Y/n truly is a man filled with surprises. Miku said as she went back to the counter, followed by Nino.

~The next day~

"Ready for our date?" Y/n said to Nino as he arrived at the cafe.

"Y- Yeah..." Nino said as she blushed.

"Save those blushes for later. We have a lot of stuff ahead of us." Y/n said as he opened the car door for Nino, to which she obliged and went inside. After that, Y/n also went inside the car and started driving.

"Where are we going first?" Nino asked.

"Hmmm... Well, we did agree to meet before lunch so let's eat at a restaurant!" Y/n said.

"Wait, Itsuki recommended a restaurant a few days ago. We could check that out." Nino said.

"Sure, just give me the directions and I'll work it out." Y/n said as he continued to drive while Nino searched the restaurant on her phone's GPS. Y/n then followed the GPS and it's directions until they arrived at the restaurant.

.

.

.

"Sheesh, the food they have here is delicious!" Y/n said as he sighed in relief after finishing the delicious meal.

"Of course, Itsuki recommended it after all." Nino said.

"The girl sure loves food, huh? She also recommended a few eating places when we bumped into each other back then." Y/n continued.

"Now that we're done eating, where should we go next?" Nino asked.

"Too excited? I was planning for us to go to the amusement park... I know it's where most kids would go on a date but hey we still can have fun there, right?" Y/n said.

"You could say that... We should go now so we can have lots of time there!" Nino said.

"Alright... Waiter, the bill please." Y/n said as he raised his hand, getting the attention of one of the waiters.

.

.

.

"So what ride should we try first?" Y/n asked as they entered the enormous amusement park.

"Let's go on the roller coaster." Nino suggested, making Y/n flinch.

"Oh? Is someone scared of heights?" Nino teased.

"A bit... I don't have fond memories of roller coasters. Only rode on a roller coaster once and after the ride I puked all over." Y/n said, making himself shiver from remembering that moment.

"Didn't expect that from someone who builds tall buildings. So what ride should we try then?" Nino asked.

"The roller coaster... I'll give it another shot." Y/n said, wanting to face one of his fears.

"That's what I like about you- Let's go, the line is pretty long." Nino said, immediately retracting her statement but Y/n has caught on to it.

The two went in line and waited for their turn at the roller coaster.

.

.

.

"So what did you think?" Nino said as the two of them exited the roller coaster.

"I had fun. Thank you, Nino. I never knew I could ride a roller coaster and have fun again." Y/n responded.

"Really? You looked nervous back there for the most part." Nino joked to Y/n.

"I was nervous at first but I realized I have you. It takes all the nervousness away." Y/n teased, making Nino blush.

~Few hours later~

They had tried the various rides the amusement park can offer. The sun was now setting and Y/n and Nino were now in the last hour of their date.

"Nino, want to go to the ferris wheel? We'd have a better view of the sunset." Y/n asked to which Nino nodded in agreement.

The two of them went to the ferris wheel. The ferris wheel started moving and slowly but surely they got to the top. The atmosphere became quiet, perhaps both of them wanted something to happen but cannot put themselves to move.

"Y/n..." / "Nino..." The two said at the same time, breaking the silence.

"You go first..." Nino said.

"Alright... Here goes... I love you, Nino. We might not have had the best first meeting but seeing you almost everyday, you grew on me. I love you and how you're sweet and caring yet so bold and fierce. I don't care if I get rejected-"

Suddenly, Nino interrupted Y/n with a kiss on the lips. They continued kissing and the kiss became a make-out session. The two, not caring if they're at the bottom of the ferris wheel, continued to kiss after a few rotations and once they were back at top, they stopped and looked at each other's eyes.

"I love you too, Y/n. At first , I thought you were just someone who would always annoy me but I guess that's the thing that made me love you. Let's spend our lives together." Nino said as she again kissed Y/n on the lips.