Chapter 1 - View

Our new hire is suspicious.....

It's Yamato-san's first day on the job. She came here not too long ago, and since then. She's been checking up on everything....

Guitars, Bass, Drums, Violins, Trumpets, Equipment, and such....

She's been checking the condition of the strings, if the drums are tuned properly, and if the equipment and other stuff are dusty or not.

Honestly.... She's doing a much better job than what I usually do?!

If I keep this up... I might get replaced!!

I quickly retreat to the shelves and check if I need to restock everything.

Yamato-san notices this and approached me.

"Oh, Senpai! I've already checked if we need any restocking soon. It turns out that everything's pretty much still okay!" She said to me.

She also got to these first?!

Oh dear...

.
.
.

When it was just me watching over the shop and attending customers, I was usually just behind the counter.

Most customers that come by are already somewhat familiar with what an instrument shops is, and they would already know where and what to get anyways. So I kinda just wait for them behind this comfy counter.

But I really don't want to set a bad example! I'm supposed to be her senpai!

Although...

"Yamato-san..." I exclaimed.

"Oh uhmmm, please feel free to call me Maya-san! I'm much more comfortable with that, Senpai!" She said.

Eh?! I don't know if I can handle that on our 2nd day of meeting and working together...

But, I shall try!

"Then, Maya-san..." I asked her.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Have you ever worked for an instrument shop before?" I ask her.

It makes sense after all. She knows her way around the place as if she's a regular. She knows so much about equipment and instruments, probably even more than I do.

She must have work experience!

"I don't actually..." She said.

Eh?!

Then.... You mean to tell me that....

"Oh. I was just surprised that you know so much about the shop already. I mean, it's as if you've been working here more than I have been~" I replied with a casual compliment.

"Oh not at all! It's just... I've been fond with equipment and instruments ever since!! It really is just my geek side Senpai! I'm sorry if bothered you!" She said.

Bother me??

"Nononono, in fact, I think you're quite amazing Maya-san! I was a little afraid that I was setting a bad example to you as a senpai that mostly hangs around the safety of the shops counter." I replied.

Have pity....myself....

"Not at all! I'm well aware that you're watching my every action senpai! I know you're making sure I don't make any mistakes and that I'm doing my job properly on the first day!" She replied.

Ahhhh!!!!! She noticed that?!

It was more of I was trying to see if she's really comfortable with the shop!! She kind of acts as if she knows and owns the place already!!!