Chapter 3 - Rain

"It's pouring today huh...?" I said to myself as I look out the glass window walls of the shop.

Yeah... Not many customers are gonna drop by today. Infact, Maya-san isn't even here yet... Maybe I can give her a call and tell her that she doesn't have to come in today. I can practically cover this entire shift myself!

I pick up my phone and dials her number.

...

I don't know her number.

I went to the back and asked my father if he has Maya-san's contact. He probably has it, I'm pretty sure employee's list it down when my father hires them.

"Yamato-san's number? Why do you want it? Don't tell me?!" My father exaggerated.

"That's not it! I was gonna call her and let her know that she doesn't need to come in today! It's a pouring outside!!" I said. Was a little slightly tiny bit flustered. Maybe.

"It is?" My father asked.

Oh....what am I gonna do with you...

"Well, you can find the information about all of the employee's contact number on the bulletin board behind the counter!" My father said.

It's there?! I never noticed!

"Alright thanks!" I said.

But just before I left, my father said one last thing.

"Just in case, you may want to prepare a towel." He said.

"What do you mean? You think Maya-san will come in a down pour like this? It's practically raining cats and dogs outside!" I argued.

"I just feel like she's the kind of gal that would do something like that! Wouldn't hurt to cater to the girl now would it, Mr. Gentleman?" He said.

"Okay then!" I said.

.
.
.

And so, I went back to the counter. I have a towel with me just in case.

I really don't think Maya-san will come in at a time like this. So I go directly to the bulletin board and started looking for her number.

And just as I was about to dial her number....

She came into the store.

"I'm sorry I'm late!! It started pouring hard when I was halfway here! I did have an umbrella with me but..." Maya said.

She's soaking wet. I don't think her umbrella was much of use...

But then again...

"Maya-san..." I was in awe.

I know I shouldn't look but!

"Ahh! A-Anon-Kun!!! Please don't stare at me right now!" She said as she tries to cover herself up.

Ohh geez... Just what am I doing....

I go over to her and hand her the towel I prepared.

"Senpai..?" Maya said.

"I was just about to call you and tell you that you can skip today... But you ended up coming anyways.... Good job..." I said.

"T-Thank you.... But I don't know if I can do anything at this state..." She said.

Her socks and shoes are wet. Her pants are also wet, even her top is wet! Maya-san! Why white of all colors and times?!

Well I guess it's not really her fault either way...

I remove my jacket and covered her up with it.

"You can use the shower in the house. I can't let you stay like this, you'll catch a cold!" I said.

"E-Ehh?!! Are you sure?!" She asked. She's flustered by the situation. Nothing much I can do about it honestly...

"Please do! Kindly also put your wet clothes in a paper bag that I'll provide in a bit. I'll dry your clothes up..." I said.

"While we're waiting gor your clothes to dry... Maybe you can settle for my shirts for now...." I said.

AHHHH!!! THIS IS EMBARRASSING!!!

"I-I'll take you up on your offer then!!" She said.

.
.
.

Maya is currently in the shower. And I left a paper bag outside so that she can put her wet clothes there. I also left her some clothes to wear for the meantime.

I'm gonna be using the dryer when she gets out...

Oh dear... What's going on...

I've been feeling restless around Maya-san for the past few days.

When we're both cooped up in the counter, I can't calm down.

When we're doing inventory after closing up, I can't concentrate.

And sometimes, I find my eyes lost in her....

I'm turning into a creep! Please don't report me!

But anyways! I make my way to Mom.

"Hey mom, Maya-san is using the shower since she came to the shop soaking wet. She'll finish up sooner or later.... And since I'll be manning the store, can you cater to her once she's out?" I asked her.

"Eh? Shouldn't you be the one to cater to her since you brought her in sweetie?" My mom said.

Oh dear...

"But!" I said.

"It's okay, I'll man the shop for today. You two can go and chill out for now. Why don't you take her up to your room?" My father said.

Ha?

HAAAA?!?!?!

"Oh my. I think you broke our son dear." My mother said.

"How can you say that?! I've never had a girl over in my room!!" I retaliated.

"Then where would you like her then?" My father asked.

Well....

That, I can't argue.

We can't chill out in the store... And it's not like we can stay in the living room.... I guess my room is the best option right now...

I do have my PC and a bunch of gaming consoles and manga there...

But....

I'm damn sure I'm gonna create a very awkward atmosphere the whole time!

"Okay fine..." I gave up.

While we were talking about this, Maya-san got out of the bathroom.

She's wearing my track pants and one of my shirts. It's baggy on her but... She's incredibly adorable!

"Uhmm... Can I use your dryer...?" She asked.

"Oh it's okay! I'll dry your clothes for you!" I said.

"No please! Let me! You've already done so much for me!" She replied.

And so after that back and forth, we both ended up drying her clothes together.

.
.
.

"Maya-san..." I said.

"Yes Anon-kun?" She asked.

"My father said he's gonna be manning the shop for today, so he told us to go chill in my room for while.... Atleast until the rain lets up! I'll walk you home right after!!.... Is that alright...?" I asked.

This was not easy. I kid you not.

"In your room.... Senpai?" Maya asked.

"I'm really sorry!" I said and dropped down.

"Ehhhh?!?!?!" Maya-san exclaimed.

- To be Continued -