Chapter 6 - Just Maybe

I was not really the type that would be like this. But why is that I was really saddened by what she said last night?

.
.
.

"Ehhh?!?! Senpai?! Why are you crying?!?!" Maya panicked.

At the moment, I can't hear what Maya is saying to me. All I could think about at the moment is how lonely it'll be for me when that day comes.

I then wipe the small traces of tears I had on my eyes. I was crying, but I was far from sobbing.

"S-Sorry Maya-san! I don't know what came over me! HAHAHA!!" I said.

"Ehh?! Now you're laughing?!" She said.

"I'm fine! C'mon now! I have to take you home." I said.

And that's practically where the conversation ended. When we arrived at her place, I said goodbye and went home immediately.

And today couldn't get any worse. Maya-san was probably creeped out after seeing what a weird senpai I was going from weeping to laughing my ass off...

"Way to go me..." I said to myself as I sulk behind the countertop.

.
.
.

"Anon! You should get some lunch! I'll switch up with you for now!" My dad said.

"That's fine dad! I'm not really that hungry right now!" I replied.

Knowing my dad, he probably wouldn't believe me. So he went out to the counter just to check up on me.

"Look at you, what happened?" He asked.

"It's nothing..." I said.

"It can't be nothing, c'mon. Let your old man in on a little something. Is it love?" He asked.

"No it's not!!" I said.

"So what is it then?" He asked me.

I told him what happened last night after I went out to walk Maya-san home.

"Well... Maya-san said she might stop working here when she feels the need to start focusing on her band again..." I said.

"And you'll feel lonely if she goes?" He asked me.

"Maybe.... sure.....Yeah...." I said.

He maybe be persistent, but I always come to him whenever I have something bugging me.

"And why is that?" He asked me.

"Well, I actually..... enjoyed her company....like... a lot...." I said.

"Is that all???" He asked again.

God he's so persistent....

"I don't really understand why it's really sad for me if she stops working here... and I know I can't be selfish about this and that she's really free to do whatever the heck she wants with her life...." I said.

He then gave me a pat in the head.

"Look son, if you really want to be selfish about something towards someone, you should just let them know. If it works out, then you win. If it doesn't, then so be it! Atleast that's what I did to take your mother's hand in marriage! HAHAHAHA!!!" He proudly boasted in front of his sulking son...

"Why did you have to say it like that Dad!!" I asked him.

"Why don't you just tell her what you feel son?" He told me.

"I said I didn't like her that way..." I said.

"No one said anything about you liking her..." He said.

This man....

"What does it matter? She's not even here today... She probably got creeped out with me last night and decided she'd stay away forever..." I said.

"You should eat lunch, I promise it'll cheer you up!" He told me.

"Uhmm.... Vegetable Sticks....?" I asked.

"A whole bunch!" He said.

"Okay then..." I said.

Despite him being busy most of the time, when it comes to times like these... he doesn't disappoint anyone. And he never did.

He knows how to persuade his son and how to cheer him up as well.

But of course! Mom's Vegetable Sticks!

"Mom! I'm all about those Vegetable Sticks-" I said.

And as I walk into the kitchen, a beautiful girl with an apron greeted me with a bowl of fresh salad.

"Ah! Senpai! Sorry I wasn't able to help out in the shop today! I kinda got my finger's wrapped up in something else! Huehehe..." Maya said.

WHAT IN THE FU-

.
.
.
.
.

"So you mean to tell me... that while you were on your way here.... My mom asked you to go grocery shopping with her and even asked for your help with cooking??" I asked her if I was following the story correctly.

"That's exactly right Senpai..." Maya said.

Here's the picture for y'all.

It's me and Maya-san across each other on our family table.

She serves me A bowl of salad and a crab and corn soup.

She's wearing my mother's apron that's a little big for her... and I don't know where to start asking questions...

"Uhm... Maya-san..." I ask.

"Yes?" She listens.

"Why the apron...?" I ask.

She quickly stands up.

"Yes! I'm sorry! I was just wearing this while I was preparing some food! I know they don't really suit me at all!" She said in a panic.

"No! Please keep it on! It suits you!!!" I said without thinking.

Okay what.

"Ehhh?!?!" Maya reacted.

"I'm sorry! I said something without thinking!!!" I apologized.

.
.
.

"Senpai.... I wanted to ask you something...." She asked.

"Is it about last night...?" I asked.

"I wanted to know the truth behind those tears you shed last night... Even if it was faint..." She asked.

It'll come to this point sooner or later huh...

What do I say...

If you want to be selfish about something towards someone, then just say it.

She'll eventually go anyways.... I might as well fess up...

"Truth is.... I'll be lonely when you decide to stop coming here Maya-san.... But! Please! Don't let this stop you from doing what you want! I honestly would still support you and would even go to your concerts despite all of that! So please!..." I said.

Ahhh... What am I saying....

Please don't go...

"A-Anon-kun... please eat your food. I helped prepare these you know? Then perhaps.... just maybe I won't leave...." She said.

She's looking away from me.

"Only if you share this meal with me..." I selfishly asked.

.
.
.
.
.

I will reveal why Maya-san said those words in the next chapter so please look forward to it!

- To be Continued -