Chapter 5 - Determination

"Did you just say part time job?!" Chisato asked.

Maya doesn't seem to want to answer that question.

"I'm sorry Chisato-san! I-I can explain!" Maya said.

"Maya-san! World Idol Fes is just right around the corner! Why did you suddenly take a part time job?!" Chisato asked.

Maya is even more pressured.

This was the moment I knew that I had say something.

"Excuse me, can anyone explain to me what's going on here?" I asked.

"And Who might you be?" Chisato asked.

"I am (Y/N), I am a co-worker of Maya-san" I said proudly.

"Im Chisato Shirasagi, Bassist of Pastel*Palettes. And this is one of Pastel*Palette's body guard, Hibiki Makoto!" Chisato said.

"I could've done my own intro, but I guess that's fine... Anyway's, It is within my job description to know who you are. I am tasked to keep Pastel*Palette's safe after all!" Makoto said.

"Not the best way to put things, but okay then..." Chisato said.

These two seem to have an oddly funny chemistry...

"Maya-san, you know just how busy we've been for the past few weeks in preparation for the World Idol Fes! Why on earth did you suddenly want to get a part time job???" Chisato asked Maaya.

She looks a bit down and can't seem to figure out what to say...

"Would you two mind of we talk this over a nearby cafe?" I suggested.

And with that, I was able to give Maya-san some time to think about what she wants to say to them.

We head to a nearby cafe that I've been to for a few times.

We sat down, ordered something, and resumed our conversation.

"I'm really sorry for keeping this kind of thing a secret from you guys Chisato-chan...." Maya said.

"I can't really stop you from getting a part time job Maya-san... but why right now?" Chisato asked again.

This seems to be the question that Maya-san can't seem to answer for awhile now....

Even I am getting a bit curious.

.
.
.

Let's recap.

World Idol Festival is a huge event that's just right around the corner. It is an event featuring a lot of bands, idols, groups, singer's, and so many more performers from all around the country.

The band that Maya-san is in, "Pastel*Palette's" will be participating in the said event. They have been preparing for the evet for months now, and apparently.... Maya-san still got a part-timejob even though she knows just how hectic things can become.

Which, I gotta admit, I understand. Why would she put herself in a very tough spot to begin with?

"I'll fess up..." Maya said.

This is it...

"The reason why I got this part-time job was so for mental preparation." Maya said.

Mental Preparation?

"What do you mean by that Maya-san?" Chisato asked.

"I know we've been performing for a long while now. We've been through so many ups and downs, so many misunderstandings, miscommunications, and hardships together.