Chapter 7 - Resolve

Maya's P.O.V

I'm ecstatic that senpai told me those words. If you're wondering why.... then we may need to go back a few hours.

Just a little while ago, me and Chisato-san stopped by Ms. Mio's office to let her know what's up.

It wasn't that difficult to communicate things with her, and she didn't want to give us any more trouble either. She was easily convinced and didn't bother asking me why.

That's why we were able to get off pretty quickly.

The interesting part happened after that when me and Chisato-san decided to talk to each other, in a nearby café.

"YOU WANT TO QUIT YOUR PART-TIME JOB?!?!" Chisato said, and was seemingly surprised.

"Please keep it down Chisato-san!" I told her.

"Excuse my rudeness, but what exactly made you decide and say that all of a sudden? Just last night, you were full-on convincing me and Makoto to let you do this part-time job of yours!" She explained.

"There's something I didn't tell you because of the people that were present that night..." I said.

"What could that be?" She asked.

"This is a little hard to say... and please bear with me because this is also a first for me!" I told her.

"It's okay Maya-chan, you can trust me." Chisato said.

When she put it that way... it'll be hard not to tell her....

"I think I fell in love with my senpai at work...." I said.

.
.
.

After telling her that, she's a lot more composed than what I expected.

"Could you tell me how this happened?" Chisato asked.

"The days I've spent with senpai.... they were.... fun. I learned so much about him and his family. But in the process, I also learned so much about me.

Senpai made me realize that... it doesn't matter how I act or how I behave around some people. He made me realize that if the person really cares about you, and if the person really likes you... They'll treasure.

And they may not say it, but they'll show it." I said.

"Maya-chan..." Chisato exclaimed.

"Senpai wouldn't let me lift the heavy objects around the shop. Not because he was afraid I might drop them, but he told me that as long as I have the strength to lift something, then I should let him handle it. He said that he doesn't let me lift heavy things because I'm a girl, but because he wouldn't want me lifting anything remotely heavy.

It made me feel a little special huhehe...

B-But I know for a fact I shouldn't let that sway me!!

Ugghh... I don't know why I fell in love with him..." I added.

"Maya-chan... that's so...." Chisato said to herself.

"Then there was also that one time when he would shake the customers away from me that wanted my autograph. They were getting a little too rough and he told them that they shouldn't disturb me while I was working.

Did you know what he did next? He sign our albums for them! With his own signature! That cracked me up!" I added another.

"I had to ask him why he treats me this way... I told him that I can be a little bit weird sometimes. I go on and on with tangents about how I love this and that, and I know how much I can get carried away whenever I'm In front of equipment.

But he told me that he wouldn't treat me differently just because I was a little bit different from everyone....

He told me that it's normal to be a little bit different from everyone, and that it's okay! He told me that there's always something special behind every single person out there! And that we shouldn't be ashamed if we're a little different.

He told me that he admired me for who I am and what I'm capable of....

He made me feel really special...." I added again.

"Maya-chan!!!" Chisato said while she's crying her heart out.

"Ehh?! Why are you crying?!" I asked her.

"How can I not cry after hearing that heartfelt confession??? I mean... that is such an innocent love to have blossomed!" Chisato said.

"I'm glad you've found someone that would make the you that you know and love, feel special" Chisato said.

"Well.... I don't know what to say to that honestly..."  I replied.

"So why exactly do you want to quit?" Chisato asked me.

"Well.... I found my answer and that I've mentally and emotionally prepared myself for the World Idol Fes.

But more importantly... I don't know how to handle these feelings.

Like I said, they're a first for me... If I think too irrationally about all of this then... I might end up hurting senpai..." I said.

"My my my Maya-chan... Aren't you a lovestruck idol?" Chisato said.

"Chisato-chan??" I was a bit confused with that last comment of hers.

"Ohhh nothing~" Chisato dodged the question.

"You know, you should eventually let him know." She added.

I guess it does come to that eventually...

"Wouldn't it be better to just let this pass and wait for me to move on or something....?" I said.

I honestly don't know what I'm saying right now...

.
.
.

"Your senpai has shown you the way to love yourself properly. Don't you think it's just fair for you to let him know how you feel about him?

Also, I don't think it's nice to run away from your own feelings Maya-chan." Chisato confronted me.

She's.....right....

"If you plan on moving on anyways, atleast let him know how you feel about him first. Therefore, there would be no room for regrets." Chisato said.

"Unless you end up lying to yourself and you tell me that you didn't want to move on when it's already too late." She added.

"I... uhh..." I was speechless.

"You've been selfless to yourself for a long time now, Maya-chan. Please don't be selfish towards your senpai as well. He's given you so much more reason for you to love yourself. And as a friend, I cannot be any happier for you..." She said.

Chisato-san.... I....

I'm sorry..... you're right....

.
.
.

I really shouldn't be thinking this way in the first place!

I'm slowly falling in love with my senpai...

How could I say I love him if I was selfish to him about these feelings of mine?

- To be Continued -