Chapter 11 // Two Sisters

A couple weeks had passed since our trip to the junk yard. It was almost scary at the time yeah, but I feel like it really helped the guy take a load off his shoulders.

He has improved significantly after that. Junpei has become more enthusiastic about practice, even asking to train on days that were not on our schedule. His excitement has seeped into me and a strong sense of contentment filled my heart as he reminded me of my own self many years ago when I first got into fighting.

But in all honesty it is a bit too much for me to keep up with...

I might just be getting old, but even I need my days off! Not to mention that working out every single day isn't gonna improve muscle growth.

Today we have no practice, it's a Sunday too, so that means I can rest in bed all I want today, which is exactly what I was doing right now.

*scratch* *scratch*

I sigh as my tired eyes open and gaze at the crack on the seiling. The sound came near my right ear, from the window. Was it a cat or yet another curse?

*SLAM* the door to my room burst open as a figure marched in. I quickly swung up on the mattress and what I saw was the cheesy smirk of a very familiar person.

"Good morning~~☆ Did you miss me, love?" My older sister exclaimed as she did a little dance while walking closer to me. She then paused in her tracks when her bright eyes landed on the spot besides me "You know, you should really take care of these things"

I turned my head and saw a little creature pressed up against the window, its course tongue licking the transparent surface through dark dull teeth.

Mari strutted over to the thing with a little bounce to her step. I didn't say a single word as she opened up the jagged window, staring cutely at the curse as she slashed its head off.

"I know you know that this place is a total dump, but you should take care of the pests every once in a while" she hummed as she swung her finger back and forth.

I rubbed my eyes, feeling somewhat drowsy from being woken so suddenly "You think I'm not giving my best? These things just keep coming and coming!"

I raised my gaze from my fingertips to the grinning face of my older sibling. She had her arms stretched out, motioning her fingers for me to come closer.

I huffed in response and lifted my heavy body off the cushiony bed to embrace my dear sister.

"Welcome home"

Mari hummed a high pitched tone as she squeezed me as hard as she could, the action knocked the air out of me, but the icing on the cake was when she lifted me off the ground and swung me around, shaking me like a new doll.

"Mari! God damn it stop!"

The older woman burst out into a fit of laughter and soon plopped my tired figure on the ground "Hahaha sorry, sorry! I couldn't help myself, you're just too sweet, little gumdrop~"

My expression scrunched up at the cringey pet name. Mari winked at me basically admitting that she did it just to get on my nerves.

"Let's go, I'll make us some coffee" my radiant sister motioned her hand for me to come along as she exited my room.

"Make me some coffee huh? Is that all you do on your new job?" I teased her back. She twisted her torso to look at me with a very exaggerated sour expression on her face, one that she would never show to anyone but her family.

"Haa. Haa. Very funny, y/n, but no. My job is much more than just making coffee for my superiors"

"But you do admit you're the coffee girl, yeah?"