Chapter 24: 1-14-7-5-18 9-19-19-21-5-19 13-21-8

You could feel goosebumps began to crawl all over your skin as you watch the triangle grow bigger and bigger. You wanted to speak but all you could let out was a small mew out of fear. You've made Bill mad before but you've never seen him like that... You've never seen your usually gleeful yellow friend turn into a giant red fire demon. You were absolutely frozen in fear, wanting to look away from the giant demon but finding yourself unable to.

In a blink of an eye, Bill had disappeared, everything was back in color, the pillows back in place and your stuffed animals were back to where you could only assume would be your room. You still sat there frozen, looking at the spot the snarky demon was. You sat there for a few minutes still trying to process what was happening. 'Is he mad I won?' you thought finally moving to a more comfortable position, you leaned you're head on the backrest and pulled your knees up to your chest, holding them in fear. 'Is he gonna kill me now?' you thought playing with your fingers. 'If he was why didn't he just do it then?' you kept arguing with yourself, trying to find an explanation. You would like to say you were a rational person but on the other hand, you had a very wild imagination.

By the time Bill was back you were still sitting thinking about what the hell Bill could have been up to, "Hey kid," he said as if nothing happened. Bill left for hours doing who knows what meaning you've been sitting there thinking about who knows what. "Kid?" he asked a bit more confused as he saw your silhouette through the darkness, he snapped turning on all the lights. You turned your head a bit looking over at where Bill was, he was no longer red and he was back to his tiny form, you also realize everything was back to color. Bill raised is eye as he made his way closer to you, "Uh you alright kid?", you were still speechless no really knowing what to say.

Bill finally made his way overtaking a seat next to you. You didnt realize it but you left his spot open for him. You watched as he grabbed a pillow throwing it to the other side making more room for himself. You both sat there in complete silence for a minute or so. You were filled with emotions, scared, angry, and for some reason happy. You would never admit it but you were kinda thankful the triangle had made it back. You finally spoke, your soft voice breaking the tension trying to turn the atmosphere into a warm tone again. "Um are you okay?" was all you managed to say. You glanced over at Bill watching as his eye widens a bit as he heard you speak.

"I'm all good bookworm," he said in his normal, cheeky tone, "naw were you worried about me?" He nudged your arm a bit, making you loosen up. You felt a weird wight leave from your chest, it felt as if someone had taken off weights from your chest. You gave him a weak smile looking down at the pillow still in your lap. Bill began pointing at you and laughing as always, between laughs he'd managed to say, "You were worried". You felt your lips moving up and your cheeks moving along with it and thats when you knew you were smiling, you glanced over at the triangle once more before grabbing the pillow and hitting him.

"Oh shut up," you said crossing your arms over your chest. You heard him let out a small 'oof' as his laughs come to an abrupt end.

"Jeez kid way to welcome me back," he grabbed the pillow you threw at him, winding up to throw back at you. You quickly grabbed another pillow as a shield waiting for the pillow to come intact with you, but it never came. "Hey kid," you looked over at him still covering yourself with the pillow, well trying to at least. "It's late you should go to bed,"

You raised an eyebrow in confusion, "Since when did you care when I went to bed?"

"Just go," his once playful tone began to break off, "I'm tired, okay?" He sounded annoyed, more irritated than usual. You bite the inside of your cheek trying not to say something, you didnt know why but seeing Bill like this made your feel weird. You swallowed hard, skipping dinner and heading straight upstairs.

However, Bill didnt follow you like always. He stayed in the living room watching as you walk up the stairs. Once you were finally out of view he snapped his fingers and watched as the shades of soft yellows on the walls turn into dark red. It took him a while to get adjusted to the sudden difference in colors, every night it would take him a few seconds or so to get used to everything again, the flatness, the weird sky, the even weirder creatures. Sure it was nice for him to be back, the nightmare realm compared to yours was always more interesting and fun in his option, but whenever he would return home he'd always feel this sort of presents with him. He felt like something was off, something wasn't right in his perfect paradise but he didnt know what.

"Hey Bill," he turned facing the source of the voice, it was someone he'd like to call a friend, 8 ball. Bill felt some sort of relief seeing the yellow freak, his mood began to lighten as he saw his friend walk closer to him with a handout. Once they were close enough they gave each other a high five, grabbing the other and pushing them into a hug. "It's been too long,"

"It's been like 18 hours," Bill said floating, away from him to look him in his eyes.

"You and I both know time works differently," they both began to make their way to Bill's house. "And 18 hours is a lot you know?" Bill just rolled his eye at his friend's complaints, "We need you here," 8 Ball stopped moving his arms around emphasize what he meant. Bill just ignored it and continued. "It's like you don't care about us anymore?" he said sounding genuinely hurt, running to catch up with Bill.

"I'm doing this for us," Bill said not really phased. He knew deep down 8 ball didn't really care, he knew everyone didn't care about him, including you. But he never let it bother him, he could easily burn anyone alive so it didnt matter if they liked him or not.

"Leaving? How does that help us?" 8 ball said putting one hand to his chest. Bill didn't respond, his one happy mood changed into an even more irritated one.

"8 Ball," Bill let out a heavy sigh finally stopping to look at his friend, "If you say another word I will burn you into a crisp," and just like that 8 Ball was silent throughout the rest of the trip. Great friends, right?

It's not like he hated his friend, quite the contrary, 8 Ball was a great drinking buddy for Bill. He just had a lot going on in his mind one thing in pretrial, to be honest, and there was no way he could stop thinking about it.

Once they finally made it, Bill and 8 Ball began to drink, something Bill enjoyed quite a lot. 8 Ball had suggested throwing a party once he noticed Bill's rather bitter tone. Usually, Bill would accept in a heartbeat, he always thought parties were a great way to get rid of boredom but for once in his life, he wasn't bored, he was stressed as a triangle can be. No matter how many shots and drinks he would take the problem still remained.

After what felt like hours 8 Ball had finally passed out on the island while Bill was rather sober, he hadn't busted like 8 Ball and could still do normal things. Which also meant he could stress about everything.

"That bitch," he said throwing a glass across the room, he'd finally broke and his yellow color quickly bursted into a red one. "If they get in my way," he started to make his way to the door, looking out the window. "I'll burn them alive" and with that, his hand was on fire as he watched everything outside burst into flames. There were creatures running around trying to find some sort of shelter from the flames, but it was as the flames would follow them, dancing around as they panicked.

This made Bill let out a small chuckle, finally being able to calm down. "Demention 46," he laughed as he watched as the flames grew, "I can't wait for you to join in on the fun." and just like that he was back to a small, yellow triangle, with no fire, "I wonder what your reaction will be, huh, (y/n) "

//

Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!