11

✩──────────✩─────────✩

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄'𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘. White snow feels like a new beginning. Crisp winter air playfully taunts your skin with cold. The way school manages to not give you so much homework around the holidays, or too much, creates a free-flowing center for understanding in your life.

Well, that is, if your life isn't as chaotic as mine. I have three shots I have to take today, the kind that pinch like the Devil and ache for hours afterwards. The monthly ones make me want to vomit.

Everyone is getting ready for school.

Emmett can't find his shoes, so Rosalie is frantically looking for them - again. Alice has offered to drive us if she is able to discover at least one of the five sets of car keys she owns. If that doesn't come to fruition, Edward - the ever careful and put together Edward - will drive and pray internally that we aren't late.

As we were getting in the car we realized that we hadn't found Jasper this morning.

So then I had to get out in order to help Alice find a set of car keys. Not that there is anything wrong with Edward's car, but Alice didn't want us to listen to classical on the way to school today. Personal preference, I guess. It doesn't matter what music we listen to because I have headphones to block everything out. Too much noise in the morning, if you ask me.

"Alice, how did you manage to lose five sets of car keys? Right before school, no less." She gives a cheeky smile and pulls me into her bedroom. "Aren't you supposed to have a perfect memory? That's what Carlisle said."

"Well," she pulled away at her pillows to check underneath them as she spoke, "Carlisle is the one with the objectively best memory in the world. Everyone else can't filter out the information they gain, so our memory is... not so great when it comes to object placement. Math and science, amazing! Car keys, nope!"

I laughed and helped pull up more feathery pillows. Her room is huge, far less modern than the rest of the house. Furnished like she's from the 70s (I suppose she is, in some regard) with brightly colored wallpaper and some odd choices in furniture. Plentiful in pillows, though, and they're all comfortable.

During the crazed mess which lasted perhaps ten minutes longer than it should have, I found the keys under one of her bed's pillows. Along with the pillow, I found a long kitchen knife, which I held up for her to see.

"What is this doing here, Alice?" I questioned. She stares. "Is this yours, or is it Jasper's?"

Alice pushed some of her hair out of her face and smirked. "That's for home defense."