12

Everything went downhill during the last class of the day, biology

Everything went downhill during the last class of the day, biology. And no, nobody had cut their finger open or gotten a paper cut. It was that girl I had met during first, the one that couldn't keep her eyes off of me the entire class. The one with long dark locks straight hair that reached just below her shoulders. That one.

Edward by far has the most control after Carlisle when it comes to his bloodlust. It shouldn't have been an issue, a new student coming in that he didn't recognize. Yet the second that girl walked in I knew something was wrong. The predatory look in Edward's eyes wasn't the one I was used to.

The unfortunate bit was that none of his other siblings were there to see it, to see their family member almost lunch at this girl and tear her throat out to get to her precious blood. The only thing that stopped him was me purposefully scratching my hand so that he would notice I was hurt.

Oh, and he didn't want to talk about it when we got home. He was completely silent the entire way in the car, he wouldn't answer any of Alice's questions about how his day went.

I had to wonder though, did Alice see any of this? I had to think not, considering that she didn't come into the class to warn one of us.

The only logical explanation to all of this is that something was wrong with that girl. That beautiful, stunning looking specimen of a human. I really wish I could talk to her again, but if Edward is going to act like this around her oh, maybe it's better I stay away. I didn't want her to get hurt.

Yet I can't imagine that there's anything that could possibly be wrong with her.

It didn't get any better in the evening. Maybe even a bit worse, considering now that Carlisle is home he's trying to question his first born son about why he's acting so weird.

Keeping the secret as to what happened during biology hurts even more. I'm just lying by omission at this point, and that's no good. I'm supposed to be the one that brings things together, that's what I do and it's what I will always do, but it just feels like I'm missing a piece of this puzzle.

"Nothing happened at school, Carlisle." Edward we both know that's a bold lie, even coming from you. I don't want to have to be the one to tell

Edward looked at me and then stared back into Carlisle's loving but questioning eyes and said, "There's absolutely nothing to tell. I just..."

"You just what, Edward? You know how I feel about lying in this household, especially when it's you. If something happened during the school day you need to tell me right now so that we can figure out how to fix it." Carlisle's voice was noticeably stern, and his hand was firmly against the back of my chair. I could feel his presence right behind me where he was standing. In one move he could pull my chair out or pat my head.

If there's one person that can command an entire coven of unruly vampires, it's Carlisle. But what comes with that is the unbearable choice between discipline and letting it go. As much as Carlisle is patient, he has a hard time letting certain things go. He hates dishonesty, he'll never admit that, or he'll say that hate is the wrong word for it.