03

✩──────────✩─────────✩

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐄, 𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄-𝐖𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐀 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐋 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐋 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍, 𝐍𝐎, 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐕𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐀 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐓. Even when faced with the potential reality that blood-sucking vampires could be right in front of me, I didn't want to run from them. I mean, if they were vampires, wouldn't they be able to outrun me? Is that just in the movies?

It was the second part of what Carlisle said that... intrigued me. Shared mate. Whenever I thought of mating I thought of animals having sex. Do they want to have sex with me? I mean the word 'mate' implies quite a few- Shit he can hear me. Goddamn it.

"Uhm that..." Edward trailed off. Carlisle gave him a look and Edward winced. "I don't want to repeat that. Please don't make me-"

"We need to know if it's serious." Carlisle tried to pull my thoughts out of Edward before turning back to me. "Fenella, please, you must understand that your situation is a bit... strange."

"If I had any sense I would be running right now." They all took in a deep breath. "I never said I was a sensible person or that I even could run, which I can't. Bad for my lungs. Could cause an infection if I exert myself too much." All Cullens were giving me weird looks. "Well, I need some proof before I believe anything, but since I'm stuck here for the time being and you're all pretty hot-" I clamped a hand over my mouth at what I had just said. My cheeks flared a bright red.

How stupid was I? Very. I was very, very stupid. Perhaps this was my fate, embarrassing myself in front of a bunch of strangers who just called me their shared mate. I just called people who claim themselves as vampires hot. Are you trying to sound like an idiot- Oh my god Edward stop reading my mind I'm trying to tell myself that I did something stupid! That's private! Ugh, are you going to do this all the time?

"I'm sorry, I can't help it," he apologized. I frowned once more, turning my head away from him. To be honest, having someone who could read your thoughts... Well, the air of dramatics was wearing off. "Please don't re-"