01

✩──────────✩─────────✩

Fenella's POV

𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐁𝐈𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐕 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄. Yet another infection had brought me to the hospital. Thankfully this time Mom was there to drive me to the emergency room. The doctors there already knew me, they had for years. Their only patient with my issues. Those same doctors were sometimes pessimistic about my condition, even pitiful, but I thought my life was alright. I would have to live with my Mom for the rest of my life, but she and I could just work from home.

Things weren't as bad as everyone made it out to be. I likely wouldn't be alive for very long, but that's okay. Death is a natural part of life, and my life will not be spent crying about my short lifespan. Self-pity was not an option.

"Hey, sweetie," Mom said, holding my hand, "You're finally up. doctor Inelli said that you'll be good to go tomorrow. We both wanted to talk to you about something."

"Well, I'm not going anywhere." Mom did not laugh. I hadn't heard her laugh in a while, barely letting out a single chuckle since Dad died. I'm pretty sure they were soulmates, with just how beautifully they worked together. I missed him as well, but he would have wanted me to be happy, to live after him with happiness and humor. "I'm always open to talking with them, you know. If you're uncomfortable with all the doctors you can just say something."

"It's not that, sweetie." Her face turned to a slight frown as she sighed. "This is something I have to be here for. It... Just wait until you hear about the opportunity. It would require you to go a bit far away."

No more words were exchanged between the two of us before doctor Inelli came in. She was one of those doctors that no matter what remained happy. Mom found her to be one of the best due to that very fact. I didn't know much about her, but she knew almost everything about me and my condition.

"Ah, another one," doctor Inelli said with a happy hitch in her voice, "We're happy to see you healthy again."

"Thank you." She smiled and went over to her little computer and chart. "Mom says that you have another treatment idea for me and that it involves me going somewhere."

"Of course. There's a doctor up in Forks, Washington has given you a chance to try out a new treatment. He's the closest certified doctor." I hummed. "Doctor Carlisle Cullen has even offered to host you in his house, if that would be okay with you. It's new, which means that you would need to be monitored to make sure that your body doesn't reject the stuff."

"Fenella, this is up to you. Carlisle was a very good friend of your... father. I trust him," Mom informed, "They have their family up there as well. You would have your own room, your own bathroom, and go to the school their teenage foster kids go to. It's a small town, quiet, off the map."