Chapter Twenty- Four: Civil War

"Yes, King T'Chaka. I understand. I wasn't aware of the problem until after it happened." Amelia said as she glared at Steve. He sat in the chair in front of her desk. "Yes. I will talk to Wanda. She does feel bad and sends her full apology. Tell Ramonda I say hello. Sala kakuhle (Goodbye)." The glare Amelia held made Steve rub his face.

"Lia-" He started until she cut him off.

"No. No I specifically made it clear I was to be on missions where she went." Amelia snapped.

"We can't keep the training wheels on forever." Steve said.

"When you were learning to ride a bike did dad ever just look at you take off the wheels and say good fucking luck or did he help you learn to balance?" She asked.

"That is not the-"

"Oh bullshit." Amelia said sitting down.

"Me and Natasha-"

"Can't help Wanda like I can." She snapped. Amelia rubbed her forehead in annoyance. "This is the shit that gets us in trouble. Precautions and strict rules keep us out of it. I go not because I am training wheels but because if Wanda gets into trouble, I am there to help. The explosion the shields are all things she is working on. Yes, holding her hand won't help but something to fall back on is what she needs. A safety net. When we were teaching Tony to walk, we walked with him. Not let him try without. You slowly remove that safety net. Even SHIELD used to follow the red tape." The two sat quietly for a minute as they both seemed to calm.

"Are they calling for her arrest?" He asked softly. She looked at him for a fleeting moment before she folded her hands under her chin.

"No. Thanks to me she is going to remain under our care, but she is under strict watch right now." Amelia said as she stood up and grabbed her purse. "General Ross will be here in half an hour. Try not to blow up the compound." She walked out of the room and got in her car. She got into the car and drove to pick up the kids from school. MJ climbed in the car and quickly looked at Amelia.

"Is Wanda okay? I saw the news and got worried." MJ said making Amelia nod.

"Yeah, she is a little rattled, but she is fine." Amelia said making MJ take a deep breath and relax. They got home and the kids ran to do their homework while Amelia worked on dinner. The elevator opened and Ava ran by while Tony walked into the kitchen. "How was the meeting?" Tony glared at her for a minute.

"I- Have you ever regretted choices you've made in your life?" He asked making her sigh and look at him.

"Tony. I am breathing. Everyone has something they had done that they regret." Amelia said.

"No like I mean something that you know you should have done differently but made the wrong choice anyway?" He asked making her nod.

"Tony. I made hundreds of mistakes in my life that had I changed one choice would have been different. The thing is you have to get over the problem and move forward if you hyper focus on one bad choice you will never move forward in life." She said making Tony sigh. As the silence filled the room Amelia went back to cooking dinner.

"Aunt Peggy died." Tony said making her nod.

"Yeah, I talked to her son. I plan on going from the funeral to the UN meeting." She said.

"How does it feel to be the last of the generation who built America's defense program?" Tony jokingly asked.

"It sucks." She whispered thinking Tony didn't hear her. "Kids dinner." She handed Tony plates of food to set it on the table.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amelia held Peggy's son for just a moment longer before she turned and walked back up the stairs. Natasha was talking to Steve. Amelia stepped up next to them and Steve looked at her.