Chapter Nine: A New Battle

Amelia sat looking at the camera footage from the lab. She kept rewinding and watching as Loki placed his staff at her heart. She didn't understand why it didn't work on her like it work with Agent Barton.

"Lia. What are you looking at, Love?" Howard asked as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

"This is bothering me. Why would the cube react different to me?" Amelia asked as she looked through the files that the scientist had given her.

"Does it have to do with the thing that goes pew pew pew?" Howard said making Amelia smile and close her eyes.

"Please don't refer to the powers I received through torture as 'pew pew pew,' you are 53 years old." Howard started saying 'pew pew pew' and pretended to shoot things from his hands as she tried to stop him. He wrapped his arms around her and the two rock back and forth for a moment.

"When you were taken by HYDRA it felt like my whole world dropped and everything seemed to stop. I have never wanted to walk away from science so bad in my life. I wanted to just end everything. Steve found you and science didn't seem like an awful thing. You are the reason science will continue to be the third greatest thing in my life."

"Mhmm and pray tell what was the first two."

"My beautiful wife and my small child."

"I love you." Amelia said.

"Going on 30 years today I have loved and I will love you another 30."

"Mr. and Mrs. Stark. Someone was up in his crib talking to himself." Friday said as she carried Tony into the room. Amelia walked over and took Tony from Friday.

"You didn't have to grab him I would have gone up and grabbed him." Amelia said. "Take the rest off the day Friday. We are going out. Go be with your family." Friday looked at her surprised and nodded.

"Thank you so much. Thank you." Friday said grabbing her purse and hugging both before leaving. Howard rubbed Tony's head lightly as Friday left.

"What are you going to end up doing with Tony tomorrow when Peggy comes over? What is she coming over to speak about again?" He asked as they walked out of the house.

"Please don't call him Tony his name is Anthony. I figured he would just chill with us. Anyways, she wants to talk about the people they are trying to replace me with." She explained as they walked to 42's.

The door opening pulled Amelia from her memories.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know anyone was in here." Amelia turned and looked at the red head.

"No your fine. I was just getting trapped into the past." Amelia said standing and walking to the woman. "I'm Dr. Amelia Rogers Stark."

"I'm Natasha Romanoff. You created the training program with Peggy Carter. You have one of the biggest hands in creating SHIElD and you did more of the lesser known things than you did with the public." Amelia shut everything down and walked towards the door leaving with Natasha.

"I was the face of SHIELD to the public for 30 years and your biggest connection is my training course?" Amelia asked slightly humored.

"That is what had the biggest impact on me I wasn't born here." Natasha said shrugging as she led her up deck.

"I see. Not anyone can do the routine completely. At least I haven't found anyone who has."

"I have. It's not easy but I can do it."

"I can see why you were among the option for The Avengers Initiative but I'll have you know I did that workout hungover. That was the only time I ever struggled with that workout."