Chapter Seven: Welcome Back

Tony approached the woman's bed before he could do anything further her eyes opened and she shot up. She grabbed the needle in her arm and ripped it out.

"Howard. Howard!" She yelled rubbing her arm. Tony took a step forward and she noticed him. "Howard is Nick okay?"

"I'm not Howard." Tony said. The woman looked at him and shook her head slowly.

"Anthony?" She whispered. He nodded and walked over to her. He pulled the chair up and sat next to her. "Is Howard.... Is he..."

"Yeah. Dad died a while ago in a car crash with mom." He said.

"I dont know who you think that was in the car with your father but she wasn't your mother. I have the stretch marks to prove it. I see the scar stuck with you. I told your father the coffee table should have been baby proofed too." Tony's hand shot to his forehead.

"Mom said the flamingo bit me and thats why we got rid of him."

"God no. I hated that thing. We were fighting when he bought that damn thing. He got rid of it when you were born. I never saw him light up like that other than when we created something new." Amelia stood up and nearly fell. Tony quickly stood but she balanced herself a little and walked over to a box. She grabbed a book sitting in front of it. She moved around the bed carefully and sat on the bed next to Tony. "This is your baby book."

"Baby book?" He said confused.

"Yeah it was a thing my mother did with me and my twin brother. Your father thought it was cute and wanted to do one with you." She opened the first page to a picture of when she had him. The picture was of Amelia rubbing his cheek and Howard pressing a kiss to her cheek. She quickly flipped through the pages and found what she was looking for before setting it on his lap. "Here it is. You were such a quiet baby but such a diva. You have my attitude. Sorry. You crawled head first into a table trying to escape your father who was chasing you. Jarvis took alot of these for me."

"All those years Jarvis would tell me stories about the Warrior of America and that was you?"

"God I havent heard that name in forever. The press named me the Warrior of America because everytime SHIELD did something I was there to clean it up in the eyes the press. I think I saw a box of your baby stuff over there."

"I'll grab it relax." Tony got up and grabbed the box she had walked to. He picked it up and brought it to her.

"What was your faux mother's name?" Amelia asked as she looked through the box.

"Maria." Amelia froze.

"That bitch!" She snarled. "I knew she was slippery but to forcefully remove me from your life like this. I hated the cunt. I bet your father drank too."

"Heavily."

"I had your father 30 years sober. That woman was around him and he hit the bottle again."

"It got worse after Mom had Jarvis take that flag down." Tony said pointing at Steve's flag.

"That was your uncle's flag. Captain America's flag."

"Captain America is my uncle?"

"Yes. He was my twin and the biggest pain in my ass. Oh look it the hand print we did." She pulled out a piece of cement and smiled. "Its funny to think that you could once sleep on my chest. You got so fussy when we made you sleep in your crib by yourself. You would pout until I made you chocolate pancakes."

"Tony?" Pepper asked as she walked in. Amelia looked her up and down. "We have a guest." Nick Fury stood behind her.

"What?" Tony asked standing up.