Chapter Four: Beginning to their Fight

"Recruits, attention! Gentlemen, I’m Agent Carter. This is Agent Stark. We supervise all operations for this division." Peggy said as her and Amelia walked in front of the group. Amelia took notice of Steve and glared but kept walking.

"What’s with the accent, Queen Victoria? Thought I was signing up for the U.S. Army." One of the recruits said.

"What’s your name, soldier?" Peggy asked.

"Gilmore Hodge, your Majesty."

"Step forward, Hodge. Put your right foot forward." Hodge followed all of her instructions.

"Mmm… We gonna wrassle? Cause I got a few moves I know you’ll like." Peggy punch Hodge making Amelia smirk. Colonel Phillips got out of his jeep and approached the group.

"Agent Carter. Agent Stark."

"Colonel Phillips." Both said saluting to him.

"I see you’re breaking in the candidates. That’s good! Get your ass up out of that dirt and stand in that line at attention till somebody comes tells you what to do." Colonel Phillips said to Hodge.

"Yes, sir." Hodge said as he got up. As Colonel Phillips started his big boring speech about the program Amelia pulled Dr. Erskine, who arrived with him, to the side. Dr. Erskine seemed to know why she was slightly fuming.

"What is he doing here?" She angry whispered.

"I thought he would be a good choice for the program."

"You're kidding, right?" When Dr. Erskine didn't reply she stepped away from him for a moment then stepped back. "The whole reason I agreed to test the serum was so something would be done to stop my brother from trying to get himself killed. Instead you shoved him right into the heat of it."

"He is the best choice. He does not have the physical qualities everyone thinks he needs but he has the inside qualities he needs. Speaking with him reminded me of you almost as much as talking with you. You may be twins but you are as different as you are the same." Amelia and Dr. Erskine stared each other down for a few minutes before she huffed at him and looked away.

"Don't kill my brother. He is one of the last people I have." She whispered. Her voice no longer aggressive.

"I don't plan to."
----------------------------------------------------

Steve and some other trainees ran up to a waiting Peggy, Amelia and a flagpole.

"Pick up the pace, ladies! Let’s go! Double time! Come on! Faster! Faster! Move! Move!" When the group arrived at the pole Sergeant Duffy called them to halt. "Squad, halt! That flag means we at only at the halfway point. First man to bring it to me gets a ride back with Agent Carter and Agent Stark. Move, move! Come on! Get up there!" All the soldier scrambled to get the flag. "If that’s all you got, this army’s in trouble! Get up there, Hodge! Come on! Get up there! Nobody’s got that flag in 17 years!"

"They say that every year." Amelia said redoing the bun in her hair.

"Now fall back into line! Come on, fall in! Let’s go! Get back into formation! Rogers! I said fall in!" Steve pulled the pin out at the bottom of the pole causing it to fall over. Amelia shared a look with Peggy. Peggy looked down at her clipboard trying not to laugh at her.

"I didn't ask for you opinion agent." Amelia snapped. Steve gave the flag to Sergeant Duffy.

"Thank you, sir." Steve said as he climbed into the car next to Amelia. When they arrived back at base Amelia got out of the car and walked away from the group.

"Where is she going?" Steve asked.

"Probably to find Howard." Peggy said walking away. Amelia walked into Howard's office.