Chapter Fourteen: The Bad and the Ugly

Amelia was snuggled into Bruce when she heard the screaming start. Both Bruce and Amelia shot out of bed.

"What is that?" Bruce asked Amelia as she jumped over him pulling a gun from the night stand.

"It's coming from one of the kids. Don't turn green." She called as she ran towards MJ's room.

"I got the younger two." Bruce called as Amelia opened the door and looking around. When she noticed the yelling was coming from MJ she quickly set the gun down and went about trying to wake MJ.

"MJ! MJ, Baby wake up!" Amelia called as she moved to the edge of MJ's bed. Amelia had barely touched MJ when she shot up and tried to push Amelia away from her.

"No get away!" MJ yelled. Amelia grabbed her arms and stopped her from thrashing about.

"MJ! It's just me!" MJ's eyes shot opened and looked at Amelia. "You're safe baby." MJ wrapped her arms around Amelia as she started crying. Bruce walked in as Amelia was rubbing MJ's head. "How are Noah and Ava?"

"Sound asleep. Nightmare?" Bruce asked as he crouched down and rubbed MJ's back.

"Yeah." Amelia looked at MJ for a moment, looked at the clock then made up her mind. "Bruce, head back to bed for another couple hours. I got this." He looked at her startled then nodded. He kissed MJ's head then got up and left. 

"Put on some gym clothes then meet me by the elevator. Imma show you how my mom taught me to fight PTSD."

"Wasn't your mom from the 1900s?" MJ asked looking at her confused.

"Yes but sometimes the outdated methods are the ones that help the most. Get dressed." Amelia said as she got up and went back to her room. Amelia threw on a sports bra, shorts, and a tank top then walked to the elevator. MJ was standing in front of the elevator making Amelia smile. Amelia quietly opened the elevator. "Jarvis take us to the bottom floor."

"Of course, Ma'am." Jarvis said making MJ smile slightly.

"Can I ask what we are doing?" MJ asked as they stood.

"It's kinda like working out." Amelia said tilting her head slightly. "My Late Husband used to say, 'Anyone who trains under Amelia Rogers is setting them self up for success. No one else will show you how to be fit without making you run ten miles.' He wasn't wrong. I set up the training program for SHIELD and I don't ask that you give a 100% I ask that you finish the workout. The idea behind it is that you are learning how to do the exercise and after you learn it then you give it a 100%. It's a hard workout but it'll help put you to sleep and it will help with stress."

The doors open and MJ looked at the wall on the other side of the room. The wall was nothing but pipes and fire escapes and windows ledges. There was also normal work out equipment but the most noticeable thing was the wall. "What the hell did grandma make you do?" MJ asked out of shock.

"I climbed the side of my apartment building 4 times everyday. 2 in the morning, 2 at night." Amelia said. "How do you even climb the side of a building?" MJ said. Amelia put her hair in a ponytail and sprinted past MJ. MJ watched as her new mother scaled the side of the wall. She jumped from the ground and grabbed a hold of pipes. She swung herself around the pipe then launched herself up to the window ledge. She jumped up two more ledges then jumped onto the fire escape. Instead of running the stairs she grabbed the railing above her and pulled herself up three levels. She pushed off the top of the fire escape and jumped up grabbing the edge of the roof and flipping on top. MJ stared at Amelia in disbelief.

"Like that." Amelia yelled back down. MJ's look of disbelief remained as she yelled back up.

"What am I supposed to do that right now?" MJ asked. Amelia started laughing and hunched over slightly.