Here We Go Again

Daniels began jotting down notes in his notebook, the only sound was his ballpoint pen scratching the paper.

My heart skips a beat when my phone erupts into song, signalling that I have an incoming call.

"I don't mean to pry, Mr Sykes, but I'm entitled to ask who it may be that is calling you?" Daniels asks as I pull out my phone from my trouser pocket. I look down at the caller ID and see 'Unknown'. I show it to the Officer. "If you don't mind putting it on speaker". I nod and accept the call.

The person on the other end is silent; all I could hear was heavy breathing. I was about to end the call but Officer Daniels silently stopped me from doing so.

"Hello?" I said for the hundredth time. After several long seconds of eerie silence, the caller finally spoke. The voice was gruff, scratchy and electronic. You could just about tell that the voice was being modified, most likely to protect their identity, She's clever, very clever.

"How very original, you went and called the police." She said. "Oh, Hannah, you're a so good in these situations." She laughed again. "But I am better!"

Josh lunged forward, grabbing the phone from my hand. "Listen you bitch! You say you love Oli, this is not fucking love this is obsession, and this is not healthy for you, me or any of us. And I really don't know what it is you are trying to achieve, because I think it's clear by now that Oli isn't going to get with you, so grow up and get over yourself!" Josh pretty much screamed through the receiver.

Daniels looked furious, his leg bounced rapidly against the carpet and his face was only getting redder with fury.

A loud cackle could be heard from the other end of the phone. "I never realised Joshua, that such a talented person could be so stupid." Emily spoke softly, well not softly because this was Emily we were talking about and just the very mention of her name could cause someone to set themselves on fire, but as soft as Emily could possibly sound.

There was silence for a few seconds as I took the phone back from Josh and contemplated to actually just hang up, for I didn't see the point in her reason for this call.

"You chose the wrong words to say to me today, Josh. I'd watch what you say from now on. I have the house surrounded, nobody leaves, and nobody enters." The phone then cut off with her obviously choosing to hang up.

Nobody spoke as I put the phone down. Daniels reached for his recorder on the table that he'd used to record this whole visit and switched it off. Nobody spoke as Hannah finished the last gulp of her coffee. She placed the now empty mug onto the table and tucked her hands under her thighs, as she had now sat in the seat I was minutes before. Nobody spoke as I made my way over to the window and pulled back the curtains a bit to peep outside.

I turned around to face every one, my back leaning against the window. Daniels leaned back and rubbed his hands over his face, caressing his stubble. The first thing to break our silence was him, he sighed.

Officer Lemmings who still sat next her fellow officer, surprising looked more confident than Daniels now. In fact she looked altogether angry, and it seemed her anger was mostly directed at her colleague. She bit at her bottom lip, not with nerves or in a way of seduction, but by the looks of it to try and hold her back from doing something. I watched as her eyes fell to Daniels hip, her hand aching nearer to his body.

He grabbed her wrist in a sudden movement. Her eyes glanced at me once, before falling back down to Daniels tight grip. With his other hand he reached to where Lemmings was heading. Pulling it out from it's holder he held a gun. He smirked, at Lemmings, dropping her wrist, then at Hannah, then at Josh and finally his eyes came to me, his smirk becoming even wider.

My heart felt like it was going to explode once he took the gun off safety. His head turned towards the kitchen door and he winked. With curiosity my head turned to see who or what it was he winked at.

There now was a giant lump in my throat and the feeling of wanting to just scream out as all the infuriating emotions washed over me.

Emily stood within the doorway of my kitchen, her graceful presence yet again in my home. In the corner of my eye I saw Hannah staring at me, telling herself not to move, but also feeling incredibly unsafe being this close to Emily once again.

Emily stared back at me, biting her lip and trying to be somewhat seductive. A small whimper came from beside me, and I expected it to be Hannah, but no, it wasn't. I looked to my side to see Officer Lemmings, if Lemmings is really even her surname, because I know now that she doesn’t work for the police, getting closer to me, ready to use me as a shield from Emily. Emily's trying to be seductive face, changed dramatically, her lip instead of biting it, trembled with anger and I am pretty sure I could hear her teeth grinding together.

She let out a loud cackle. And yet again her face changed expression, this time to her usual wicked smirk. She looked over at Daniels, yet again if that were his real name, and nodded. He looked towards me and Lemmings and tried to imitate Emily's smirk.

As he rose the gun that still remained in his tight grip of his right hand, I froze. I felt Lemmings dig her nails into my arm and try to push me in front of her, but my feet; they felt like they were cemented into the floor. I heard people screaming at me to move, but I couldn't help but block it all out so it remained muffled noises. I stared at the barrel of the loaded gun and waited for him to shoot.

______________________________________________________ 

Title: Here We Go Again by Paramore

Sorry It's a Sunday update, I was revising for my science GCSE on Friday and then I completely forgot about it yesterday, but at least I managed to update. 

Dedicated to MsLovely123 

Song on the side... 

Hope you liked it guys!