3

I just sat down in one of the seats at the back. Since it was afternoon not many people were there at the cafe. I put my head down and sighed when someone came and patted my shoulder.

"Miss do you need anything?"- the man asked.

I looked up to see Chan. Chan was my friend since senior high and I had forgotten that he worked here part-time.

"Oh Hyein-ah! How are you? You look sad what happened?"- he asked me.

"Heyy Chan! it's been so long bruh"- I got up and hugged him.

He sat down in front of me and asked me what was wrong.

I told him everything that happened since the morning and he felt genuinely bad for me as well. Like who wouldn't? My one and only dad.

Everyone that knew what happened to my sister would burn up in rage if they heard my dad's plan and the same thing happened with Chan too. He was very close to my sister.

We talked for a while since it's almost been a year since we last talked to each other at my sister's funeral.

He ordered an iced coffee for me while we were talking.

Before leaving he took a picture of me because he knew how much I loved taking pictures and then I immediately posted it on my ig.

Chan was a true friend of mine. He always helped me whenever I was sad and did his best to make me smile again.

 He always helped me whenever I was sad and did his best to make me smile again

It was almost 6 pm. I had to get going now I didn't realize we spent so much time talking.

I bid Chan goodbye and went back to the company. My happy mood came crashing down again when I saw Hyunjin.

Ugh why does he always have to spoil my mood!

He tried to talk to me but I didn't even bother about it and straight-up ignored him and went to my office.

I had an important meeting with the directors of iCon in thirty minutes and being the owner of the company I guess that's why Hyunjin decided to stay back.

After 5 minutes just as I was about to look into the materials for the meeting, someone knocked on the door.

"come in!"- I said.

I didn't see who came in because I thought it was Amy or someone from the project team.

"Why'd you ignore me both at your dad's office and at the lobby?"- the man spoke.

I immediately knew from his voice who he was so instead of looking up from my iPad and talking to him face to face I decided to keep things calm and gave my response.

"I don't feel you are that important for me to waste my time upon."- told him still looking at the meeting materials.

"Look up at me when I'm talking to you!"- he said with a raged tone.

"Who are you to tell me what I am supposed to do and what I am not supposed to do?"- I told him while giving him a cold glare.

He didn't expect that reaction from me and to be honest, he kinda got scared because of how intimidating I was looking.

"You wouldn't want to mess with me babygirl whether your company lives or dies is all upon me now"- he said with a wink and left my office.

"Tch you wish."- I rolled my eyes at his comment and sat back down to continue my work.

Soon it was time for the meeting and Amy came in with my cup of iced americano because that's the only thing that keeps me cool in case the meeting gets heated up.

After the meeting~

"Thank you sir. I hope this co-operation goes smoothly so that both companies are benefitted from the results"- I told Mr. Lee who was in charge of this project from Hyunjin's side of the company.

"I hope everyone is clear with the work. Meeting adjourned. Everyone except Ms. Lee may leave now. You too Amy."- Hyunjin said with an evil smirk on his face.

"What do you want?"- I asked him expressionlessly to show how least interested I was in talking with him.

"Look I know you are still mad at me for what happened to your sister but believe me it was not my fault just listen out to me once."- he said with genuine eyes.

"See Hwang I am not in the mood to hear your bullshit so if you don't have anything important to talk about I'd really like to go to my office since I still have a lot of work left."- I told him while rolling my eyes.

"I understand you but please give me a chance to explain."- he said almost breaking down.

"Let's meet tomorrow at lunch and you can explain me. I'm really tired today."- I told him kinda feeling bad for him even though I don't know why I felt bad for him.

"Thanks! and by the way your dad wants you to live with me for a month before our marriage so that we can get to know each other better."- he told me with a scared face.

"What the- Why didn't you disagree?! I can do anything but be under the same roof with you Hwang! Ugh"- I told him literally pissed off.

"See I really want to solve the misunderstanding between us and that's why I agreed to it. I'm giving you one day to pack up your things coz you're moving in tomorrow."- he said with a wink and left.

At this point, I was literally done with him. So done.

I went back to my office and revised the sketches that were submitted by the sketch team for the fashion line and left them at their workstation and went back home.

At home~
"*sigh* why do these things happen to me! ugh!"- I said as I was packing my things for moving with Hyunjin the next day.

While I was packing I decided to pull a prank on Hyunjin. Since he wants to be on good terms with me soo bad I'll teach him what it's like to be close to me. Make him fall in love with me and then leave him broken.

That's when I will be at peace and my sister's revenge will also be fulfilled.