v ≠ Too many Doppelgangers

︎♥︎°~°♥︎

︎♥︎°~°♥︎

*Trigger warning: abuse*

「1864」

Valerie had been working for the Salvatore's for nearly a year now. When she first came to the house, it was a struggle to adjust for her, though she covered it well, pained memories haunted the house and still to this day, every time she walks past the cellar door, her steps are a little faster. Every time a door closes, or slams, she flinches and as much as she can, she avoids Giuseppe

Dark memories plague her dreams of her time at home and her time away. Sleepless nights were often and sometimes she wished to let it all go. To stop feeling, if there was something that she envied about the vile beasts that were vampires, it was their ability to lack feeling. Because she'd be lying if she said that every day she woke up once again from a memory, that she didn't want to feel void and without a soul.

When Valerie first arrived, she had received and old room that looked like it was last occupied by a young girl, small clothes left untouched in the draws. The sight made her smile. But at the same made her feel like she was violating the young innocent girl that once lived here by being there, for she was not young, nor innocent anymore. She had spilled more blood than she cared to think, though it was the blood of demons who plagued the night, it was blood non the less.

The brothers remained oblivious to the creatures of the night, and it was obvious Giuseppe had no intention of informing them of their existence. And as since she had returned to Mystic Falls, she had only killed one blood sucker, she didn't think it was a worry enough to inform them, herself.

It was still strange to wake up even morning and see them walking past. At first, both brothers were rather cold towards her, she came to believe this was less because of her and more because of the room she resided in. Perhaps they thought she was violating the little girls space as well.

But after many attempts at talking and maybe sneaking in some midnight meals to their rooms, they developed a solid friendship.

Today, Damon is arriving home from the war, Valerie knows that it isn't something Damon is interested in but something his poor excuse for a father forced him into.

After her arrival when she had first seen bruises marking the dark-haired Salvatore's skin, she had kept an eye out for any strange behaviour that happened. And to say she was angry when Damon walked into his room, when she was folding his clothes, with a black eye and busted lip was an understatement.

She had hurried to sit him down and carefully cleaned the wounds, when she asked, he simply waved it off as, 'I got into a scuffle' or 'I tripped', but she was not believing it. Because they were her excuses as well.

When Damon had returned to his room one night with bruised lips and red lashes on his back that could have only been made by a belt, he finally broke down. He spilled everything, from his father's discipline methods to taking his brothers beatings.