x ≠ Ťhę Ţřűțh Ŕəvėı£ęđ

~¤°¤~

~¤°¤~

1864

Valerie is doing laundry when she hears them. She's walking past the dining area, the door cracked open as she catches on the voices conversing from the room. She pauses in her step and flickers her gaze through the gap in the door.

"We under the assumption that all vampires are evil, that they are mindless beasts. What if that's not true?" Stefan tells his father.

Valerie's tenses at his words, she was unaware the younger Salvatore knew of the vampires that plagued the town. But if he was defending them- then he must know about Katherine as well, this is her doing. It fills Valerie with rage to know the woman has her infected her way so tightly into Stefan's heart that he thinks to defend her demon blood.

"Do you have any evidence to the contrary." Giuseppe asks, "Do you know of vampires?"

"No, no of course not." Stefan shifts uncomfortably. Valerie see's how Giuseppe takes note of this, how he watches his son with calculating eyes.

Giuseppe sighs, looking at his son with pity, "Stefan, these creatures are of the darkest parts of hell, they have the ability to control your mind, seduce your spirit, they must be stopped."

His words leave a sour taste in Valerie's mouth, as she listens from behind the door. Not because he disagrees but because she shares the same view as the wretched old man. Vampires were demons, they hunted innocents, killed children, she knew that now, had been told many times over.

"But you've always told us to not to take what others say at face value. Those are just stories; we cannot know that for sure." Stefan argues.

Valerie pulls away from the door, no longer interested in listening to Stefan defend those monsters. She doesn't know what he's thinking, arguing with Giuseppe about this. He must know his father will suspect. It's all Katherines fault. If her meddling in their minds and view on vampires puts Stefan and Damon at risk, she will hunt her down, not stopping until the vampire is dead. In fact, maybe she should get a head start.

She dropped the washing off in her bedroom and immediately started looking for Katherine. She spotted the vampire leaving her bedroom and hid behind the wall, slowing her breathing and silencing her footsteps. She tails the girl until she gets to the stairs. Katherine stopped for a moment, adjusting her corset which was likely too tight. Valerie carefully removed a stake from her dress pocket, it was about the length of her forearm but thinner, she had made it herself and even carved her signature into the bottom, the same as always.

She crept closer to the vampire before shoving her against the wall and shoving the stake into her stomach. Her hand was held over the girl's mouth and Valerie grinned feeling the vampires skin sizzle beneath her palm. She already held another stake in her hand when in the blink of an eye, Katherine had switched their positions, her back slamming into the walls, taking the breath from her lungs. Katherine hissed at her, tossing the stake away, the burns on her face healing in seconds.