ix ≠ Bəñńəț ₩ıţčh

~¤°¤~

~¤°¤~

"Ric, finally took you long enough." Damon says and the older man walks through the door.

Alaric ignores him and looks at Jeremy, "what are you doing here?"

"I'm the one that told him about the moonstone," The Gilbert shrugs.

"Does Elena know you're here?" He asks sceptically.

"Not exactly..."

Damon walks across the room and pours two glasses of bourbon, before walking back to the couch. Alaric looks at him questionably when the vampire puts a glass next to him, lifts something, and sits down.

"What've you got?" The Salvatore claps his hands.

"Well, I got the rest of Isobel's research from Duke, her assistant sent it to me."

"Ah Vanessa, the hottie." He turns his head and smirks, then proceeds to let out a grunt of pain.

"Yes," Alaric rolls his eyes, "Do you remember the old Aztec curse she told us about?"

"The Sun and the Moon blah blah blah-"

"An Aztec curse? Cool." Jeremy cuts in.

"Yeah supposedly, vampires and werewolves used to roam freely until an Aztec sharemen put a spell on them to limit their power. And since then, werewolves can only turn on the full moon and vampires are weakened by the sun." Alaric looks to Damon who waves his fingers at the man to signal his daylight ring. "Most of them anyway."

"That curse is a load of bullshit." A groggy female voice says from beside Damon on the couch. Alaric jumps, while Damon and Jeremy just turn their heads her way.

"Oh yeah and how do you know that Val." Damon looks to the previously sleeping, girl next to him.

"Damon, I thought we established I'm the expert here when it comes to the supernatural and I certainly know more than that backstabbing bitch Isobel." Valerie sat up from her spot on Damon's lap and grabbed the glass of bourbon, he had set for her.

"I'm sorry, who are you? And how do you know my ex-wife?" Alaric looks confusedly between Jeremy and Damon.

Valerie turns to face him and tilts her head to the side. "Isobel never mentioned you." She takes a gulp of her drink before setting it down. "She's very known within the vampire community, I'm kind of surprised that for someone so young she has friends in very powerful places."

Alaric gives her a look, "Am I to assume you're one of those people?"

Valerie snorts, "Trust me, we are far from friends."

Damon clears his throat to get their attention, "Anyway-" he drawls, "Ric, meet Valerie, Aka the walking legend we read about at Duke, Aka my best friend."

Alaric looks at them both surprised, "are you trying to tell me, you currently have a were-coyote in your living room? A species that's supposed to be extinct........and you're friends with her?" Alaric says, purposely exaggerating the word friend.