A night out

As Peter, no I mean Spider-Man, swung threw Queens, doing his nightly patrol, he found a man with a robbers mask trying to mug an innocent couple with a gun. Spider-Man quickly swung down and shot his web at the man's gun and threw it a few feet away from the man.

"Hey, man, leave this couple alone," Spider-Man said, "unless you want to embarrass yourself?" The couple quickly ran away.

The mugger scoffed and replied, "You're gonna be the one embarrassed, Spider-Man. My boss wants you gone." Spider-Man looked at the man in confusion.

"What? Who's your boss?" Spider-Man asked as he walked closer to the man. 

"I never cared about mugging a stupid couple, they probably didn't have a lot of money anyways, I knew you would be patrolling around now, thanks for sticking to your weird routine." said the mugger. 

"Who is your boss?" Spider-Man repeated. The mugger tried to punch him, but he grabbed the muggers arm and put it behind his back.

"Ow shit, I won't tell you, but he warns 'Don't mess with my city'." the mugger said.

Spider-Man laughed and responded, "What? Does he own the city, what a joke. Tell him, 'I don't give a shit, come at me'."

"You got a death wish?" asked the mugger.

"Maybe" Spider-Man answered, he let go of the mugger's arm, "go, tell your boss to fuck off, go." The mugger was about to run off, but grabbed the gun lying there on the floor right near him and  shot his gun at Spider-Man's leg and ran away. Spider-Man yelled, "Damnit! Come back here, you coward! Shit!" The man was already long gone. Spider-Man kept cursing at himself and regretted not taking the gun from him and keeping it. Why was his 'Peter tingle' off? 

"Karen?" Spider-Man asked. Karen was an artificial intelligence that is inside Spider-Man's suit, Peter made by himself and with a little help from YouTube. Even thought she is a robot, she has developed a personality and Peter has always liked talking to her.

"Yes? It seems like you have a bullet wound in your thigh, should I contact the police?" Karen asked.

"No! But I do need help to walk." Spider-Man said. He looked around and made sure no one was around and then took off his mask. 

"I just contacted one of your starred contacts, 'Peter is currently suffering from a serious bullet wound. He refused to call the authorities, so I chose to contact you. What should Peter do to treat this injury?'" Karen replied.

"Oh no. What contact? It better not be Aunt May." Peter asked, nervously.

"Tony, who is known as 'Old Man' on your phone." Karen answered.

"Tony?! That's even worse! I have to fix that in your coding, Karen." Peter said, "Did he respond yet?" 

Karen said, "Yes, he replied with, 'what the hell, Peter, where are you? What happened? Are you okay? Please respond!' What should I respond with?"

"Tell him, 'I cant tell you where I am, but I'm fine. My stupid system I coded is acting up and contacted you, sorry... but it would be helpful if you could send instructions on how to treat a bullet wound with no materials." Spider-Man said.

"Calling Tony..." Karen said.

"What?! Karen, what the fuck! Cancel! Cancel! Oh my god, there has to be a virus in you Karen." Peter yelled. The call was not cancelled and Tony picked up.

"Kid? Kid?! Are you okay? Hello?" Tony frantically asked through the call. 

"Yes, I'm fiiine, jEsUs, can you just send me a video on how to treat a wound." Peter said

"Why?! Peter, please, be honest, what happened?" Tony asked.

"Uhhh a mugger? With a gun." Peter answered.

"What. The. Fuck." said Tony, "Why did you interfere?! Oh my god, did you actually get shot? You have to go to the hospital. Now." 

"Ehhh, it's fine, I'm just going home, I'll find a way to walk." Peter said.

"What? No! Peter, no!" Tony said.

"Karen, hang up on Tony please!" Peter asked.

"Huh? No! You better not hang u-" Tony started to say before getting hung up on.

There was a bit of silence before Peter said to himself, "At least there isn't a lot of blood."

Karen said, "Actually, that is not true, you are loosing quite a lot of blood currently. Your suit is luckily keeping enough of the blood there."

"I didn't ask for your opinion, Karen." Peter said.

"Sorry, Peter. One more thing: there is a large stick to the right of you next to the trash-can  you can use as a cane and your apartment is conveniently close. You'll be able to make it without passing out. Also, Tony has been trying to call you back ever since, but I've been declining." Karen said.

"Oh. Thank you, Karen. That's actually really helpful. And thank you for declining Tony's calls." Peter responded as he pulled his mask back on.

"No problem, Peter." Karen replied. Peter painfully crawled to the long stick and used it to slowly stand up. He fumbled a bit but eventually stood up. He limped all the way back to his apartment as his breathing became more erratic because of binder.

"Peter, it seems that your breathing is abnormal due to your binding. I'm aware of how much you feel the need to bind, but this can damage your ribs." Karen said as Peter was near his apartment building. 

"Jeez, I'll take it off when I get to my room." Peter said with a huff. 

"Thank you, Peter." Karen responded. Binding was needed when Peter went out as Spider-Man, he couldn't bare to go outside without it on. News would run wild and post "Spider-Man is really a Spider-Woman?", Peter had nightmares about it. Being Spider-Man was already the only gender euphoric thing he could experience, and if that was taken away, Peter wasn't sure he would want to live anymore.

"Karen, do you know if Aunt May is asleep yet? What time is it?" Peter asked.

Karen answered, "It's currently 11:42, so Aunt May should be asleep. Since she usually sleeps around 10."

"Has she tried to call me?" asked Peter.

"No." Karen responded.

"Good. Okay. Will I be able to climb this building up to my room in my condition?" Peter said.

"Yes, your room is not too far up, but you will bleed out more and you will need to bandage yourself." Karen replied.

"Eh, that's okay, I have some hidden bandages from last time." said Peter as he threw the stick and stuck his arms and his unharmed leg to the wall. He began to climb up, avoiding all the windows and got to his room. He opened the window slowly and climbed in silently. He looked around and sighed. He went to his closet and found some extra bandages. He threw off his Spider-Man suit and quickly wrapped the bandages around his shot leg tightly. He winced at the pain, but he was used to it. Peter remembered what Karen asked of him, so he grabbed a shirt. He took off his binder and finally took a deep breath. That's one good thing about taking off your binder. He put on his shirt and found some baggy pants to put on. He wanted to take a shower since he smelled like garbage, but he was too tired to care anymore. He fell on his bed and immediately fell asleep.