Answer

"I'm fine, Pepper!" Tony huffed, in his bed. Pepper rubbed her eyes in stress. 

Pepper replied, "You always say that, but look at yourself!"

Tony looked down at himself, bloody bandages and all, and answered, "I don't see the issue, hon; I'm lookin' great, like usual. Don't worry."

"How-" Pepper let out an exhausted scoff, "You were nearly taken apart by some maniac called the Owl. You were out for a week- I, I wanted to bring you to a hospital, but you insisted to stay here. I almost didn't answer your call because I was working- you could have died!" Her voice became shaky. 

Tony looked down and replied, "I'm fine. Ask Banner, Pep; he said that it'll probably all heal."

"It sounds like you're trying to convince yourself." Pepper started to walk out of her husband's room, but Tony held her back by her wrist, gently. 

"I'm fine, and the next time I fight the Owl, he won't get away," Tony said. 

Pepper looked back at Tony with a sigh and said, "Just be careful, please. My heart can't take anymore." Tony nodded and kissed her hand. She chuckled, and kissed him on the lips. She sat down slowly, being careful not to hurt her lover.

"Thanks for dealing with my shit."

"I don't really have a choice," Pepper joked as she kissed Tony's forehead. She stood up with a loud exhale and started to walk out the bedroom before she remembered something. "Oh yeah! I remember hearing your phone buzz a bit a few days ago; I'm pretty sure it was that kid, Peter."

"Shit."

"What?"

"He probably thinks I'm ignoring him, and he really doesn't need that right now. Did you text him back?" Tony combed his hair back.

"Well, he only texted you, so I didn't want to intervene," Pepper explained, "I'll get your phone now." She got Tony's phone and gave it to her husband. 

Before he unlocked his phone he asked, "You know I don't mind you going on my phone, right? You know the password. I got nothing to hide."

"Hah, I didn't want to invade your privacy, honey, and trust me, I know you got nothing to hide."

"God, you are the best."  

"I know; love you too, honey," she said as she finally walked out of Tony's room to get back to being a CEO. He unlocked his phone and immediately checked Peter's messages. He laughed at first until he saw the first text Peter sent: "I don't feel so good today". It's rare for Peter to even admit he has a stomach ache.

Peter (aka angsty boy)

Tony

Kid, I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier. 

I was super busy with work.

Are you feeling okay?

Peter

I'm fine

Tony

I said that recently to someone, and it was a lie

Peter

No, I'm serious

I'm doin A-okay

Tony

That was the most sarcastic thing I've ever heard, and trust me almost everything I say is sarcastic