Torin Knows Best

Ravyn hadn't talked to her roommate or her roommate's boyfriend in a week. Considering how Ksenia was a decent friend and Cal was her cousin and one of her best friends, this made life a strange experience. But Cal was the world's biggest idiot yet again, and Ksenia was encouraging him. Ravyn wasn't about to tolerate that.

Then again, she also was avoiding Alice, which was pissing Atticus off to no end. So now Ravyn was avoiding her closest friend, too.

She'd talk to Lev on brief, rare occasions, but for the most part, because of stupidity on everybody else's parts, Ravyn had isolated herself from the most important people in her life, with the exception of Torin.

Torin was easy to talk to, thankfully, and since he was definitely avoiding Cal and Ksenia and their constant PDA, she had him all to herself. He, however, did not approve.

"Ray, you can't keep avoiding Atticus and Alice. They're some of your best friends, and he's definitely going crazy without you," Torin reprimanded as she sat on his bed. He stood, leaning against his desk and nursing a glass of whiskey. It was never too early for drinking when you were heartbroken and angry.

"He's mad I'm upset that Alice broke the girl code and is dating the guy I like!" Ravyn exclaimed frustratedly.

"The guy you're obsessed with, you mean?" he countered. If she hadn't been relaxing against his annoyingly comfortable pillows, she'd have chucked one against his face.

"Same thing! Either way, I'm pissed at Alice and Ace can't respect that because he doesn't understand that sometimes my emotions do make sense. So excuse me if I'm trying not to get into a fight with him, too," Ravyn grumbled, folding her arms around her knees. She glowered over at her lone friend.

"Ignoring him and avoiding him like this is just as bad as a fight," Torin pointed out wisely, gesturing at her with his glass. Sighing, she rolled over onto her side, facing the wall.

"I know, Tori, but at least this way there's no yelling. I already get enough of that whenever I visit my dad when he drags me to his house once a month." She also got enough of that when she went to her actual house, which held Cal's family and her cousins. Cal was great at getting into screaming matches with Uncle Aldric. And with Meg. And occasionally with Avalon and Erek. His mom was the only one he never fought with, and that was because Cal almost always ignored her and whatever love she tried to offer her son. Then there was Uncle Aldric who pissed everybody in the family off constantly and definitely managed to get under Ravyn's skin just by looking at her. Luckily, she had enough self-control to play it quiet around him. No need to get kicked out of her house again.

Torin sighed, pulling Ravyn back to reality.

"I know, Ray, but you need to learn to face your demons and frustrations, not just give them the silent treatment." Why was Torin so smart and wise and mature? Why couldn't her best friend/pseudo brother be as immature as she sometimes wished he was? But no. She had to have good taste in friends for once in her life.

"Just because you're right doesn't mean I'm actually gonna do it," Ravyn grumbled, earning a chuckle.

"You'll learn to do it eventually," he promised, setting his glass down on his desk.

"Let's go get food. I'm starving." Ravyn poked her head up out of the mountain of pillows. Food was always a good idea.

"Okay. But we're staying off-campus because I do not want to run into Cal and Ksenia making out in the cafeteria for the fourth time this week." Cal's constant PDA had never really bothered Ravyn, even when it was with her roommate in the past. Now that Cal was definitely ignoring Torin because of his dad and Meg and playing with Ksenia's heart for his own advantage, Ravyn couldn't stand his PDA. It was disgusting and frustrating and heartbreaking and infuriating. So yeah, Ravyn was avoiding the cafeteria now, too.

"That's one thing I do support avoiding. C'mon, let's go get lunch." She stood, pulling her boots back on and walking over to her best friend.

"Okay, but only if we take your bike. Ever since Ace had the accident last year he hasn't been able to drive his and I don't get to ride on your motorcycle enough." Torin chuckled and threw his arm over her shoulder.

"You've got yourself a deal."