Thirty Days

Ravyn didn't have to see Lev to know that he was behind her. She could smell his all too familiar, if not faint, cologne. Plus, she knew his gait by now in an attempt to avoid him at all costs. Apparently, that wasn't working like she had hoped.

"Can you go die already?" Ravyn hissed as constricting arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her against Lev. If she was stupid, she would have hit him. She would have escaped or punch him or stomped on his foot in her heeled combat boots. She would have done something to share her pain, but that would only hurt her (and Alice) more in the long run. Ravyn couldn't let that happen.

Lev hadn't responded to her strong words, too busy kissing her neck. As great as it felt for her body, Ravyn hated it. She hated that he still had any sort of effect on her, that he could still get her to collapse in his arms if he really wanted to.

"PDA isn't allowed on campus," she seethed.

"Since when have you cared about the rules, Ray?"

Nope. No. Lev was not allowed to use her nickname. Especially not the one only Ace and Torin could call her. Cal could have if he wanted to, but that would have been weird.

"It's Ravyn." She didn't bother replying to her fiancé's question; any response would be futile.

"I can call you whatever I want, baby girl. You belong to me now," Lev chuckled darkly.

"I don't belong to anyone but myself," she hissed, spinning around in his arms. He had moved them enough to let her actually have some breathing space, and she took full advantage of it.

"The Coalition begs to differ, beautiful," Lev taunted.

"Funny how I was never beautiful before now," she growled, hating the sudden use of affectionate nicknames.

"That's because you weren't. You're much more fiery and angry now, and I have to say, your belief that you're going to escape from me is attractive."

Murder was legal in the Coalition, right? Because she was about to make it legal if it wasn't.

"Go die, Lev." He smiled at her demand, brushing a stray lock of raven hair from her face.

"Thirty days, Ravyn," he whispered before kissing her forehead. To an outside view, they must have painted the picture of a happy couple. He was sweet and affectionate and she was close against him.

Except, ya know, they hated each other and he was enacting revenge. That didn't make for as happy of a couple.

Lev dropped his arms and walked back in the direction he had come from. Ravyn, however, with angry tears in her eyes, made a beeline for Ace's dorm. She really, really needed a distraction from her best friend. She wasn't going to tell him about this, it would only anger him more, but she needed a good laugh more than ever.