Chapter 2

When the movie was finished Karkat glanced over at Cronus with a small frown. "I have a question, Cro."

Cronus smiled slightly. "Ask away, Chief."

Karkat bit his lip, his frown deepening, looking away. "Are you red for Kankri?"

Cronus blinked slowly. "Nah, not anymore. I used to be, but by now it's more of a pale thing, ya know?"

Karkat slowly nodded and looked at him carefully. "Why do ya ask?" Cronus questioned.

Karkat shook his head quickly. "No reason... just stuff."

Cronus raised a brow and tilted his head, looking down at the tiny troll. "No, no. Ya gotta tell me now."

Karkat sighed and shook his head stubbornly. "Not gonna happen."

Cronus narrowed his eyes slightly. "Just tell me."

Karkat slowly nodded. "Fine... I-I'm red for you..." he hid his face in his hands, a few tears rolling down his face.

Cronus blinked a few times and then carefully moved Karkats hands away from his face, kissing his forehead and wiping away his tears with his thumbs. "Shhh...don't cry... I'm red for ya too, kar."

Karkat looked at him hopefully. "You're serious, right? This isn't some really horrible joke, is it?"

Cronus shook his head. "No, it's not a mean joke. I do like you, Karkat." He smiled and brushed a strand of hair from Karkats face. Karkat hugged him tightly, and he reciprocated it. Both were content for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, guys. I know the chapters are short, but bear with me. They'll progressively get longer (hopefully). I haven't been writing much lately, and I need some time to get back into writing.

Love always, ~Seth~