Chapter 5

Hey, guys. I know I normally save my authors note until the end of the chapter, but whatever. I've gotten quite a few reads on this, more than I ever expected, and I just want to thank all my readers.
Love always, Sethy.

~~~~~~~~

They stayed up talking about anything and everything for a long time. "You're so cute." Cronus said randomly.

Karkat scowled and crossed his arms. "I am not!"

Cronus laughed quietly. "Yeah ya are, Kar."

Karkat just shook his head and huffed. "No."

Cronus sighed and leaned down, kissing him on the lips, startling Karkat. "I love you and you're adorable."

Karkat bit his lip. "I love you too and I'm not."

Cronus smiled. "You are."

The small cherybloods frown deepened and he thought for a moment. "Fuck you."

"Maybe later."

Karkat gave up at that point, blushing softly, instead kissing his cheek. "Whatever. I'm hungry..." Cronus shrugged and stood up, stretching and Karkat did the same.

"what do you want to eat babe?" Cronus asked with a small smile

. "Well, um, I can't cook at all so...."

"That's okay. I can cook for both of us. Do you want pancakes?"

"Fuck yes." Karkat smiled and followed his matesprit to the kitchen as he began preparing pancakes, asking nonchalantly, "ya want chocolate chip or regular?"

"Chocolate chip, dumbass. I mean, really, do you think I would eat anything other than that?"

Cronus chuckled and got out a bowl and started mixing up the pancake mix, stirring and adding milk and studff. "What can I do to help?" Karkat asked, pausing in his current rummaging through the drawers in his matesprits kitchen.

Cronus gestured to some chocolate chips on the counter and set the bowl down beside him heating the stove and getting a skillet and a spatula. "Mix some a' the chocolate chips in with the mix, please."

Karkat nodded and contemplated it for a moment and then grinned, dumping in the whole bag.

Cronus looked at him in surprise and groaned. "Jegus, Karkat. Vwhy'd ya do that? Nowv I havwe to evwen it out." The seadweller mixed more pancake mix into the bowl to even out the ration of chocolate chips to mix and Karkat frowned. "Why the fuck are you doing that?"

"Because if I didn't then vwe vwould just be eating chocolate." Karkat stuck his tongue out at him and went back to rumaging in the drawers, huffing.

"That was the fucking point." Cronus laughed and began making the pancakes, shaking his head.

"Can ya get the plates and forks out, Kar?"

Karkat nodded and got them out of the cabinets, smiling a bit. He then set them down by the stove and sat down on top of the counter, kicking his legs.
He seemed content with this. He really loved his new matesprit. For once, he was happy.