Chapter 4

Karkat whimpered quietly thrashed in his sleep, signaling a definite nightmare. Cronus woke up and looked down at Karkat groggily before starting to shake him gently. "Karkat, babe, wake up..."

Karkat gradually woke up and clutched him immediately, hiding his face in his neck. "C-cro..." he was shaking slightly, very obviously upset.

"Hey, hey, babe, it's okay... you're okay, alright? You wanna talk about it?" He was running his fingers through his little matesprits hair, trying his best to calm him down.

Karkat shook his head quietly. "n-no..." he pressed his face against his neck and Cronus kissed his temple. "Alright, doll. You're okay." He continued to pet him gently and Karkat's shaking eventually subsided.

"I'm sorry for waking you up..." the cherry blood said quietly.

Cronus paused. "Babe, it's not your fault. Don't apologize." Karkat nodded slowly and nuzzled him, saying quietly, "I love you,"

Cronus paused a moment before, "I love you too,"

Karkat smiled just a tiny bit and yawmed quietly. "You wanna go back to sleep, doll?"

Karkat quickly shook his head. "N-No... I don't want to sleep again just yet..."

Cronus nodded and hushed him lightly, quickly leaning down and pecking his lips. "That's okay. I'll stay up with you." Karkat shook his head.

"No, you have to sleep. I'm not tired anymore. But, I woke you up, so you have to sleep."

Cronus only shook his head stubbornly. "I'm not tired either. We'll watch another movie or something, okay?"

Karkat sighed quietly and nodded. "Okay." He shifted slightly to where he could hug him tightly. Cronus smiled and hugged him back just as tight, if not tighter. Karkat sighed quietly and kissed his cheek. "I'm still sorry for waking you up..."

Cronus shook his head and ran a thumb along his cheek. "It's okay. I don't mind."

Krkat nodded quietly and they began talking. Just talking. Not about anything thay mattered, but about nonsense. Because, that was easier than talking about things that mattered. Then again, does anything really matter when you're dead?

~~~~~~~~~
Hey, bitches. I did it. Two days. Just like I promised. Are you proud of me, strangers whom I have never met before? Probably not. Anyway, yeah. Next chapter should be up soon.

Love always, Sethy.