two | impatient

Jazlyn

After passing around drinks at the kegger, watching Kie talk to Tourons, JJ flirt with Tourons, and Pope trying to flirt with Tourons, I got tired and convinced everyone to go home.

When we all filed into the van, John B drove, Kie sat in shotgun, Pope sat on the bench, and JJ and I sat on the floor. There wasn't much room so our knees occasionally scraped another's.

"Oh shit." Kie says reading something off of her phone, "I forgot. The storm is coming tonight, my parents wanted me home early. John B!?"

"What?!" John B says throwing his hands up with wide eyes looking back and forth from the road to her.

"I told you to remind me!" she says screaming at him leaving the three of us crossing eyes back and forth, "Shit head." she mumbled under her breath.

"Ya' know, it's not MY fault you don't liste-"

"Woahhh! Guys, chill. Since when do you argue like a married couple?" JJ says, cutting off John B gesturing his hands down.

"Yeah. It's like the movies where the kids have to chose-" I say trying to add on. I was a little tipsy but like we all were.

"What?" Pope cuts me off, "Th-That's not just in movies Jaz! it's also in real life" He corrects me, "I am in a car filled with dumb asses." he mumbled.

"Anyway. Kie we'll just drop you off on the way home." John B says trying to calm us all.

"Ooh drop me off too." pope says.

"fine i'll just be everyone's chauffeur then." He groaned.

We finally finish driving around. Now, it's just JJ, John B, and I. At the end of the I feel like it's always left with the three of us. Kinda like how it was in the beginning. Sometimes I find it comforting. Mainly because it feels like not everything from the past, when i was very genuinely happy, has changed. But I also love the friends we added to our group like, Pope. He's my best friend.

On our way home we stopped by a docking stop just to see what everyone was gonna do to prepare.

"Hurricane Agatha continues its steady march towards Kildare Island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina..."

"Holy shit." I saw looking away from the TV that had the local news on, facing John B, "This is serious."

"But good for us." He says as we walk out of the room, "Hold on a sec. I'm gonna make a call."

It's windy, the skies are grey and the sirens are calling to alert us all.

"Department of Child Services, can I help you?" Someone says faintly on the phone.

I could barely hear over the people talking at each other and the loud sirens.

"Hi, yea. I think we're probably gonna have to reschedule." John B says to his phone looking at me with a faint smile.

John B and I get back into the car to where JJ was waiting with a joint in his hand.

"Dude- JJ. You tryna surf Agatha?" John B says breaking the small moment of silence.

"Bro hell no. When I get home boom i'm crashing on my comfy ass couch." he says snapping.

"I'll go with you." I say

"What there is no way you are. You'll get hurt or something." JJ says with a surprised look.

"So, what? The worst that could happen is probably a scrape."

"Uhm. You could drown? And that wouldn't benefit us much, would it, Jazlyn?" He says tilting his head.

It took me a sec to really realize that JJ was of worried about me. It felt comforting.

"Fine." I say not hinting I was kind of flattered(?) he was worried, "I'm too tired to surf anyway. I'll just supervise JB."

"How come I don't get the worried puppy dog eyes?" John B says sarcastically.

Hours later the wind has became stronger and the rain is heavy, really heavy. We left JJ at home knocked out on the futon and headed out to the beach.

"Jaz, it's a double overhead out there." John B says exited running closer to the ocean, rain blurring our vision slightly.

"Seriously?" I say surprised ,looking at the tall waves, "I don't know JB, those waves don't look surfable."

He chuckles dragging me closer with him to the ocean, "Says who?!"

I watch him from the sand with my hand over my eyes trying to act as an umbrella from the rain.

John B is absolutely eating shit.

I see him stop suddenly, sitting on his board looking at something behind him.

I notice him still staring as I move closer to the water trying to see what he's looking at. In the far vision I could see a boat trying to fight the waves.

"What the hell?" I say mumbling under my breath to myself.

John B and I made out way back to the Chateau soaking wet. We came in abruptly making a lot of noice as we shuffled around.

"Hey! What the hell?! Your splashing everywhere." JJ says sitting up rubbing his eyes.

"well now you know what it feels like to be woken up. huh, JJ?" I say tilting my head back and fourth walking up to him.

After I showered and got into some warm, dry, clothes i quietly got another blanket from the futon JJ was sleeping on to bring back to my room. As I walked away tip-toeing I saw one of (many) JJ's hats and stole it. The Hat was red. It had a white netting texture in the back. Perfect for what I wanted to wear the next day.

As I went to bed, I peacefully fell asleep to the hard rain and thunder clapping.