four| Impatient

Jazlyn

"So what the hell are we gonna do with a motel key?" I say picking up the key from John B's hands and observing it.

"Dunno but I mean if it's nice we could stay there." JJ answers with a smirk and one arm up leaning on the pole.

"Oh shut up. J, it's a motel those aren't nice." I roll my eyes pushing him back with my hand on his chest. Holy shit. Those abs were rock hard. "At least none in obx." I play it off.

"Guys, we should report the wreck to the coast guard." Kie says, "Maybe we'll get a finders fee."

"And not work all summer?" JJ says with wide eyes looking back and fourth between Kiara and I.

"I'm in." I say finishing his line, giving him a high five.

"Thanks Agatha. Ya batch." He says in disappointment.

~~~

We made it to the coast guard. Everything was chaotic, people chit-chatting, moving things around and at the desk were many people screaming and trying to get the workers attention.

"He's- Hes a diabetic!" A women exclaims at the worker.

"A diabetic. She says." I say nodding and pointing at the women, mocking her almost.

"Excuse me." John B says at one side of the counter trying to get the workers attention.

"Hey, we- we found a boat." JJ says at the other side of the desk.

"Sir um. Your gonna- your gonna wanna hear this!" I say next to JJ as we're all talking over each other.

"Hey!" The worker snaps, "Calm down."

Everyone goes quiet then went back to chattering over each other.

"So much for a finders fee." I say as JJ and I walk away from the desk.

We all gather back at another side of the coast guard.

"That went great." Pope says. I nod, agreeing with him.

"So what's the plan?" JJ says leaning on my shoulder with one arm looking straight into my eyes. I tried to make it look like i didn't notice by looking straight ahead, but i could definitely see him looking me up and down in my peripheral vision.

"I think I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns the boat." John B says holding the motel keys up.

"No, no, no. We don't know who's room that is. Ok? It-It could belong to anyone." Pope says fast.

"Come on Pope. It's gonna be worth it! You and Kie will be look out!" I say leaving JJ's touch and leaning on Pope patting him on the back as we walk away.

I could hear JJ sigh as I walked toward Pope but it wasn't a big deal.

"Hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice." John B says walking away backwards.

"C'mon bubba." I say linking arms with Pope as we walked away. Quirky nicknames were always something we joked about and used a lot. It irritates everyone, but everyone does it to everyone still.

~~~

We slowly approached the motel. Everything was thrown around and falling apart.

JJ whistles, "I thought the Chateau looked bad."

"This place looks like shit." I add putting on the shirt i picked out the night before and the hat I stole.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kie says looking at all the destruction.