eleven|Impatient

Jaz

I biked and biked until I reached my stop. I knocked on the glass door and waited. My eyes brightened when I saw Ms. Everlyn walking down the stairs that stopped in front of the glass door.

She had a stern mad look as she opened the door to her surf shop. Her shop was everything. It had her apartment on the upper level, which was what the stairs led to, and her popular surf shop on the bottom level.

"You young lady are lucky this is only your first time missing a shift. If not you would've been kicked to the curb." She says closing the door and changing the 'Everlyn Surf & Co.' sign to closed.

"I'm sorry, Lena. My brother dragged me into something." Thinking about it again honestly made me filled more and more with rage, to the point where my eyes started watering again. "Can I just chill for here for a sec? I can help around too."

"Jaz, honey.Of course you can.  Do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't think I want to yet. Is there something you wanted me to do?"

"Sure. We got in new 'Pura Vida' bags, over in the corner. Just fill the shelves, honey. You know the drill."

"Gotcha."

"Since you want to keep yourself busy, I'll be back upstairs. Holler if you need something."

"Okey Dokey."

I started hanging the bags on the shelves. I knew this wasn't gonna help, it would just make me think about it even more because I don't have anything else to think about. I didn't wanna rant to Ms. Everlyn about it because then I'd have to tell her about the Royal Merchant stuff. My eyes stayed blurry due to the thought coming up here and there again, and again.

After a while, a knock came to the door.

"I got it!" I yelped.

I looked through the blinds that covered the glass on the door to see my bestest friend, Pope.

I smiled at him. I knew if I was able to rant to him he'd understand. I opened the door and ran into his arms.

He chuckled. "Jaz! where have you been. We're looking everywhere for you."

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't hear Dads annoying voice anymore. And don't tell them i'm here just yet."

He looked at my puffy red nose and my glossed eyes, "What's wrong, Jaz?" He walked in and we sat behind the counter.

"I'm just so annoyed. Look, I know john b always says, 'dad wasn't the best father but he was still good' or something like that, and that was true, I guess. For him it was at least. He only felt that way because dad would always say the "I love you"'s to him. That tape was directed to him. He always wanted to talk to him. I don't remember the first or last time my dad has told me he loved me. And JB thinks we're hurting in the same way, but we're not. He's hurting because he lost him, I'm hurting because I never had him in the first place."

"Jaz I mean, he was your father of course he loved you too-"

"I mean did he forget about me again? Did he even want a daughter?" I sighed, letting a tear fall from the gloss in my eyes.