thirteen|Impatient

Jaz

"Don't touch that! Jaz, contain him, please" Pope slapped JJ hand away from the buttons on the control panel of the drones camera thingy.

"JJ. Stop Bugging Pope." I joked gesturing him to come to another side of the dock.

All he did was glare and look back at what Pope was studying.

"Okay. Jeez, sorry." I mumbled turning over to another side to look over the edge of the "fence" where Kie and John B were in the water testing the camera.

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly man."

"I-" I started to say then shook it off, knowing its not worth my time.

"What would we do without you to control the drones?"

"Technically it's not a drone, it's a ROV."

"Shut up. Shut up. It's too early for that right now."

They bickered as the two came to the surface of the water. I smiled and waved to them. 

I sighed, walking toward the house as they explained boring lawyer stuff and weather. As the thunder rolled in I changed into a navy blue hoodie and some jean shorts. Pope and I were planning to deliver groceries for Heyward. I wasn't going to work so, I needed something to do, and I offered to help.

At first, Pope and I weren't too fond of the idea that JJ was going to join us, knowing some trouble would come with it. Although Pope could agree I am also the same way, i never messed around while working. We eventually gave into the idea since we came up with a plan where JJ would be on his own, while Pope and I took a bigger batch of groceries.

"You guys get these groceries over to figure eight." Heyward said handing us bags, as we piled them on to a corner of our small boat. "Get straight back here when your done. No fishin'."

"Yes-sir." I said nodding.

"I promised delivery by this afternoon. Rich folks don't wanna wait for you lazy sons of-"

When Heyward turned back around to hand off more bags JJ had his arms wide open to him.

-Aww, JJ. Thanks...sons of a bitches"

"Got it." I put my sunglasses down on a bench.

We made our way across the water toward figure eight.

"It doesn't even look like the storm hit there." Pope looked at the cleanness of this side of the island.

"That's because they got generators, bro. Get used to it." JJ added, twirling his knife.

"Yeah. They don't miss do they?" I added avoiding eye contact with the blonde. Our previous interaction was nothing but annoyance and hate and I was in a good mood, a boy was not going to ruin that.

"Then they say the power will be out all summer in the cut."

"Wow that's amazing." Pope shakes his head toward me, seeing my uncomfortableness around the blonde.

The three of us dismantled as we docked. Pope and I had a bag and a package of beer. We walked up the small hill as fast as we could, noticing the annoying Kooks, Rafe and Topper, not wanting to interact with the species.

"Hey what's up man. And you pretty laday" Rafe said approaching us.

I looked at the club in his hands and to Pope.

"How much for one of those beers?"  Rafe stopped me with the club.

"They're not for sale." I stated, trying to walk off.