twenty-two|Impatient

"Why don't I go ahead and see them hands in the air?" The man suggested. She couldn't recognize his voice and the bandana covering up the bottom half of his face didn't help the profile either.

The group looked at each other in distraught. "All y'all's hands up in the air right now!" Clearly the guy had no patience. Everyone's hands shot up.

"You," he pointed the gun towards John B. Jaz flinched, urging to help her brother, "out of the car. Let's go!"

Slowly, John B opened the door and stepped out. "Out of the car, let's go. Hurry!" He repeated. "Let them out!"

"What you waitin' on? Let them out!" He screamed again, making John B quicker with his movements.

With his shaky hands, he slid the van door open.  "There you go, pretty girl. Here we go."

After Sarah got out, Pope did too. Before Jaz stepped out, she looked back towards JJ. He gave her a comforting nod before beckoning her out.

"We're broke-" JJ protested before quickly getting shut up.

"Shut the hell up!" The guy yelled, pointing his gun straight at JJ.

Something in Jaz's stomach dropped. The same way it did when it was pointed at her brother. "Blow your damn head off!"

Jaz's breath hitched as JJ backed into her, trying to get farther from the gun. His hand was quick to grab hers.

"Lay down in the ditch!" He repeated, his voice cracking. He was nervous.

Son of a bitch.

"On your goddamn hands and knees. Down!"

Everyone complied, all having matching movements. "Dont let me see you look up!"

"Son of a bitch." Jaz whispered, in between John B and JJ.

"What'd you say?" The man shot back.

Jaz didn't answer, she didn't even look away from JJ's comforting eyes. No matter how harsh they looked he comforted her.

"You." He approached her quickly, shoving the gun to her head.

John B lunged his body toward his sister, and tried to sit up,"Please, man don't."

"What'd you say? Huh? What'd you say girl?" He screamed. "Get the fuck up now. Stand up!"

A cry left her lips before she let go of JJ's hand as she stood up. JJ started to follow her but the look she shot him said otherwise.

Once she stood up, the gun pressed into to her chest, "Show me where it is, bitch. Show me!"

"I- I don't know. Where my friends put it, I-" she started.

"Then fucking find it." He drawled.

She got into the van, looking at around everywhere but where they had put the treasure. It was hard enough to see with the tears staining her eyes but she kept looking, feeling his presence close behind her.

"It's a setup , guys." Kie hissed.

"That old bat shanked us and now Jaz is gonna get fucking shot." He spat, expressing his anger.

"He's not gonna shoot her, Jay." John B tried to comfort himself, more than his sisters boyfriend.

When John B saw both his sisters and the man's backs were turned, he slowly started to get up. It didn't take much to notice she was purposely looking in spots where it was keep his attention to the back of the van.

Sarah whispered protests as he stood up, as well as the others. "Don't be a hero, man."

"Dude! Thats my sister." He trembled.