chapter 18: 50s with a hint of 1864

The redhead put the 50's clothes on her bed, and was about to remove her shirt, when she heard her phone buzzing.

Get over here, Stefan is coming to pick me up, so we can get ready together.

Azalea smiled, grabbed her wand and disapperated.

Elena grinned as the redhead appeared in her room. She had the curlers in her hand.

"Are you ready?" she grinned.

"Absolutely not," Azalea said, before plopping into the hair.

"Ok I'm going to put it up like this," she showed her. "Give you a quiff, and then curl the ponytail, sounds good?"

"Sure," she said, digging into her bad and getting out the blue ribbon, lifting her arm up Elena to take it off her.

"Hold it for now," she said as she took the brush from Azalea's bag ad got to work. As she worked, Azalea couldn't help but smile, she hadn't really done this kind of thing, she and Hermione weren't often around of invited to the little gatherings in the dorm. She thought back to some of the other things she also lost from Voldemort. Experiences like this... fun, goofy teen stuff. She could never have that with –

"Ok, done!" Elena's voice snapped her out of her spiralling thoughts, she looked at her reflection in the mirror then the proud Elena Gilbert, and smiled.

"Brilliant,"

"Then your tick is pink right?" Elena said, evaluating the redhead's hair again, checking for anywhere that may need a touch up.

"Yep, I reckoned it would work with the blue."

"I approve," Elena smirked, then her expression grew curious. "Did you do this much at Hogwarts? Was it like one giant sleepover all the time?"

"Sometimes, but me and 'Mione didn't spend that much time in our dorm, especially with being friends with Ron, and the other boys more. Often when they were doing this stuff we'd be in the library talking about Voldemort, or whatever,"

"Well," she said, smiling. "You get to have that with us," she said hugging her from behind. Azalea put her hands-on Elena's arms.

"Thanks, be nice to have more normal, teen stuff. Even if it is still amongst life-threatening drama."

Elena pulled her lips down shrugging her shoulders slightly, before grinning at her in the mirror.

"I can add more of the life-threatening drama if you want?"

"You know what... That would be great, I reckon that would make me feel more at home." The redhead said seriously. Then the two burst into giggles.

"Get changed – oh your hair, can you get ready, with magic would that work?" Elena said looking at her creation with worry, her expression growing more excited at the idea of seeing 'Harry Potter' magic as her question finished.

Azalea checked the door, before taking her wand from her boot. With a flick of her wand she was in a baby blue poodle-skirt with a black T-shirt.

"That was incredible," Elena said looking in amazement, as the redhead's old clothes were neatly in the bag she had brought with her. Azalea gave a mock bow.

"Beat that, Bonnie," she teased. Elena laughed again.

The two chatted while they finished getting ready.

As Elena was finishing off her own hair with the blow dryer, Azalea was putting in her poodle earrings.

When she turned it off, it was too quiet...