Chapter 16: Georgia

Azalea didn't cry out; she tried to lean over and reach for her glove box her wand inside. Her belt jerked her, prevented her from reaching it. She looked back to see boot clad feet coming slowly, mockingly towards her. She braced herself for them to feed on her she had no wood she was a goner. Just as she finally met her uncle, finally rid of Voldemort, she was going to be killed by a freaking vampire.

He blurred away, she frowned in confusion, but didn't question it. The redhead yanked at her belt trying to remove it once again, this time calmer. She looked back, and screamed to see another figure had appeared by the smashed window.

"How you doing in there?" Damon asked gently, she gazed into the familiar blue eyes. "You're stuck," he stated with a small frown.

"It's my seatbelt. I can't get it off." She said.

"Shh, shh, shh," he soothed. "Let me get you out of here. I want you to put your hands on the roof." She did as she was told, he reached over his hand on the grey strap containing her; she could feel his hand against the material of her jacket. "Just like that. You ready? One... Two... Three..."

He pulled off the belt, swooping her up into his arms; she sagged against him, the adrenaline wearing off. "I got yah. You ok? Can you stand? Anything broken?" he said softly, but she could hear the command in his voice. She shook her head, he gently lowered her legs so she could stand, her legs gave way.

"Whoa, you're fading fast, Lea," he said, forcing her yes to meet his. "Lea, look at me. Focus. Look at me ok."

She tried but it was not use, her eyes fluttered and her body dropped like strings cut from a puppet.

The concerned vampire gently lowered her crouching down so she had support, he stroked her unconscious face. He hadn't told her this, but he liked her. She had spunk, made him feel more human, less alone. A true friend, like Enzo had been... No he couldn't think of his other English companion.

"Uppsy–Daisy," he muttered as he swooped his free hand back under her legs and rose to his feet, careful to support her head he began to walk. Her long red hair swaying in synchrony with her loose limbs.

Looks like he was going to have some company...

Groggily Azalea opened her emerald eyes, she looked around in confusion to see Damon driving, it was light.

"Morning," he said cheerfully.

"Where are we?" she asked him.

"In Georgia,"

"Where's Georgia? Is it a town? Or is it a State?"

"You don't know," he snorted.

"You have 50 of them Damon how am I supposed to know them all we don't learn them in England and even if they did I wouldn't know." She snapped. "I know, New York, California, Florida, Texas, you know famous states oh Hawaii and Alaska."

"Georgia is next to Florida," he said calmly, though she could see the amused smirk.

"But that's... Damon, be serious. Where are we?"

"We're in Georgia," he said again.

"Ugh," she moaned as she felt a wave of dizziness.

"How you feeling?" His tone more concerned now.

"I – I?"

"No broken bones, I checked,"

"My car, there was... the vampire. I was going to get Elena... Alaric! Where is my phone? I need to go back. He needs to know where I am. Damn it, Damon pull over!" she yelled.