chapter 17:Stalking

Damon took Azalea back to his house, where once they arrived Elena rushed to her friend and pulled her into a hug.

"You ok? I am so sorry that you got run off the road trying to –"

"Elena, really I'm fine," the redhead pulled back to look at Elena's face. "It was a vampire, and it was better me then someone who didn't have vampire friends to rescue them."

"Are you saying we are friends?" Damon said smirking at her.

"When you behave yourself," Azalea amended. Damon pulled his lips down and nodded before grabbing a bottle of bourbon from the shelf.

"I'm glad you're ok," Stefan said, pulling Azalea into a hug too. She laughed giving him a squeeze.

"Oh yeah, I can tell that we haven't been friends for long. Don't worry you will get used to trouble finding me. I'm like a magnet for it." she said looking between the two of them. Then she remembered why Elena had called her in a panic. "So, what was wrong? Why did you need me to come and get you?"

Both of their expressions grew anxious, and embarrassed. Elena handed Azalea Katherine's photo. This resulted in the redhead swearing, and dropping the picture.

"Wait, Katherine was Katherine Peirce aka Katarina Patrova," she said looking between the two Salvatore brothers. They nodded, looking at the redhead in shock.

"You know her?" Elena gasped.

"Sure, the sun and the moon curse doppelganger... oh bloody hell." Azalea whispered rubbing her face and sitting in the chair behind her. The vampire brothers looked between the two girls in concern.

"What Lea, what is it?" Damon was almost afraid for the answer to his question. He knew from the way the redhead was reacting that is wasn't a good thing.

"Elena is the doppelganger. If anyone finds out she is here then Klaus will come looking for her."

"Wait," Damon scoffed. "The myth? The oldest –"

"It's real, Damon," she cut him off. "We study him in History of Magic, and in Magical society studies – a subject not shown in the books – oh Damon knows Stefan." She clarified as Stefan's eyes widened, and he opened his mouth. "Someone told him in Georgia," she explained before he could speak.

"So, does this mean I am related to her?" Elena said, bringing the topic back.

"Probably, but it's not 100%. You see doppelgangers started with Silas and Amara, but you guys don't need to know about that. Normally, with channel magic blood is important. We don't study that much to do with channel magic to be honest. I reckon Bonnie's Grams would know more."

"So, just because I'm adopted doesn't mean that I am related to Katherine, but it is likely."

"You're adopted," the redhead gasped. Stefan and Elena went through what Stefan had told the brunette while she and Damon had been in Georgia.

"So, if we believe you and Klaus is real –"

"Honestly, I don't know a lot about them, History of Magic isn't known for being interesting with Binns even if the topics are fun. I can find my old book to get some more information on them."

"Can't you just call Hermione," Damon said, wanting to get the information quickly. The redhead closed her eyes as they began to burn, trying to prevent the tears. She pressed her lips together as she inhaled.

"Hermione died," she said quietly.

"What?" Elena gasped, coming closer to Azalea placing a hand on her arm.