Chapter 24: Potter Luck?

The next morning, she could tell something was off with the brothers. Damon was keeping close to her as she collected her things to return to her own home after checking in on Matt. Whatever it was it could wait. Right now, she needed to focus on Matt and what he was going through. Her last memory of Vicki flooded her mind.

She sighed pinching her nose. So much had happened since she came to this small town it was only bloody Christmas! What else could possibly happen to this little group. She waved goodbye to the Salvatore's and headed home, she sent Matt a message. She didn't want to overcrowd him.

She text Jeremy asking her to met him in a few hours at the house.

Throwing her bags on the sofa she rubbed her eyes, making her way towards the kitchen to make a cup of tea.

This little town had been through so much since she arrived. Was it her bad luck or would this have all happened regardless? Logically she knew the town had a history of this, and the comet would have came, and Damon would have still came for Katherine. Yet... a part of her couldn't help but think that she too was a little responsible for the mess in Mystic Falls.

The beep from the kettle shook her out of her thoughts.

She quickly made the beverage and took a sip of the warm light brown liquid sitting beside her bags as she heard the footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Lea?"

"Yeah Ric, it's me."

"Did you hear –"

"Vicki," she sighed, before taking another sip.

There was a knock on the door. She frowned placing the cup down the forced herself to her feet to see who it was as Alaric answered.

"What are you doing here,"

His tone made her alert. she peered around her uncle.

Anna.